Anxiety returns, again.

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
DJ2661

Re: Anxiety returns, again.

Post by DJ2661 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:43 pm

I also has a terrible time with worry when something happens to someone I know or hear things on TV. I am working on trying to not let things affect me but dont alway succeed. I found that when I am having a really bad moment it helps to use the suggestions I read in one of the lessens to have a picture or just look outside and start really noticing the things around me in very exact detail like count the number or color of something or the sounds you here. It helps get you back to the present because if you are busy studing what is around you or in the pictures your brain cant worry.

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I am still on zoloft. I feel defeated all the time. It is a seesaw motion dealing with this. I definitely want off of zoloft!! :roll:

StanDman

Still getting epsiodes...

Post by StanDman » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 pm

So...my attacks aren't as frequent or as intense now...I realize when I feel them to attempt to relax, breathe and they subside, then I'll get busy with activities and feel normal. But, I cannot get past this tension in my shoulders and neck. Does anyone have similar issues? I have Lorazepam, but I'm not fond of just popping pills. Question: Has anyone taken the lorazepam(ativan) and had relief without drowsiness in daytime hours? I've only ever taken these at night and I have to fly cross country and want to be prepared in case in-flight I get an attack and also while I'm in workshops at a convention.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:41 pm

I know when I had to take Xanax for a panic attack, I was able to still be alert. I know people that take Xanax for flying.

JBerny

Post by JBerny » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm

I hvae often done this as well. As a matter of fact a few weeks ago I feel apart at work and ended up having to take Ativan for 4 straight days 1/4 of a pill once a day. I have been keeping a daily journal and I ahve to tell all of you that it helps so much. I start writing at the onset of any anxiety at all and I find if I write it down as it is happening then it makes me study what and why it is happening. It was worked so great for me. I ahve been anxiety free for two weeks now since I started that. I have to tell you that there are days when I still feel anxious in the mornings or irritated and I start to journal and explore myself and then I find I focus my attention to the writing and away from th thinking. I do not think you should beat yourself up because, all good things worth fighting for are worth the fight. I have suffered anxiety for over 25 years now and I did this program back in 1995 and I was cured up until october of this past year when I lost my best friend to cancer, my dog to cancer a few months later, my brother to cancer just a few months after both of them, and I transfered my civil service job to a secured location in the mountains and when i say secluded I mean just that. needless to say you cannot lock a person with a history of anxiety up like that and I began to suffer the anxiety all over again. I had been over it for almost 15 years and it reared it's ugly head. So, I re-ordered the program, started counseling this time and decided I was worth the fight. I know that sometimes it feels like you are going backwards, and that is ok. Just remember to reel yourself back in. Mu thoughts are with you.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”