My Piece of Mind Rhyme.

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
GoodDave

Post by GoodDave » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:19 pm

So this week I've found myself going through some intense stress and worry. I thought that I was regressing for a few days. I just changed jobs and my last year of college (so far) has been really intense. But instead of sitting around and focusing on the bad, I decided to take a long drive. While driving I was trying to quiet my mind down using a combination of lessons from Week 3 and Week 9. Here is a rhyme I came up with to help:

"The negative thought aren't true,
and worry is a waste of time.
keep your mind in the present moment,
and everything will be fine."

I hope this makes all of you feel as good as it made me feel tonight. It made me re-realize how far I've come in the short time I've been in the program. Here's to all of us and our progress.

Cheers.
-Dave-

"Because the plot thickens every day, and the pieces of my puzzle keep crumbling away. But I know there's a picture beneath."

GoodDave

Post by GoodDave » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:25 pm

P.S. I meant to say "thoughts," not "thought. I'll make up a spell check rhyme for myself next time too. ;)
-Dave-

"Because the plot thickens every day, and the pieces of my puzzle keep crumbling away. But I know there's a picture beneath."

VETTERLINE

Post by VETTERLINE » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:36 am

I LIKE THAT RHYME. I HAVE TO KEEP REPEATING IT TO MYSELF BECAUSE ITS VERY EASY FOR MY MIND TO WANDER!!

GoodDave

Post by GoodDave » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm glad you like it. My mind wanders too. LOL. That's why I need a rhyme like that. It helps to keep me in reality.
-Dave-

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”