Program guilt

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
aj85

Post by aj85 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm

hey everyone..just wondering if others are feeling the same way as I am, or have an opinion on the subject..the most important thing in my life is to rid myself of anxiety and panic...but I feel as if I'm not putting forth my best effort towards the program...I do do most of the work..but I know I can do alot more..I just get soo lazy or side tracked some times..I feel guilty when I watch t.v..or do something else rather then the program...I feel as if I my time would be more well spent working on the assignmenys or listening to session tapes...but it feels soo repetitive..Also I know I should be reviewing other sessions..but I get lazy..then feel guilt..can you share your comments..or things you have done to stay more focused..or your feelings on the matter..thank you..Adam

Grace4ever

Post by Grace4ever » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 pm

I understand the feeling of repetitive. Typically the first time through any material I am not going to pick up everything. This program is trying to meet the needs of many people at many different places and stages of "needs" in their lives. The program designers are trying to be repeatedly upbeat and encouraging for those who need that type of encouragement. Sometimes I'm that person. My response was "cut to the chase!" But as my sister says "It's a process" getting from A to B. So I'm trying to stop and smell the proverbial roses and remember that things worth doing take commitment and time! Also I didn't get where I am today in a year or two.

However once in a while you need a break. Except for replying here this evening I took a break! Take a look at your schedule and pick/choose times when you will "study". Take notes on the meat of each lesson for future review. Use a highlighter in the study guide for quick reviews. Understand that interruptions happen. Try not to set yourself up for interruptions. Now go for your goal!

God bless your efforts!

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Just today I phoned the program help number and told the gal I needed help on "keeping going". I told her I just received an email for session 8, and embarrassingly confessed I was on session 3. I have felt disappointed in me for my slow progress. She told me we all do this thing differently and I can do it in a way that is comfortable for me. She said to save the emails and read them when I get to that point. I have always been very hard on myself. This program teaches us to treat ourselves as we would treat a good friend.

I have refused to do the relaxation tape until today....perhaps feeling I don't deserve to be good to me. Today when I listened to it I ended up crying. It can be painful breaking barriers and I am grateful I don't have to do it alone.

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:26 pm

aj85....are you still doing the positve self talk? I remember when I was about mid way thru. I totally forgot about it. It sounds like you are being real hard on yourselve. I think I would try the little spirol notebook thing again. Everytime you have a neg. thought right it down. Even if you don't have an answer right away to replace it, it's okay. Just keep writing them down. For me it was like when I seen it on paper and then I would look back on it maybe 30 min. later. I would start to problem solve. It's like you get it out of your head. We seem to live in our heads constantly. Constantly thinking about something. For me it was like it broke up my mind(neg. chatter). Then I focused my attention on writing something on that paper. it took me out of the neg. habit that we have (talking down to our self). If your neg. thought is I'm so lazy. I should do more. replace it with....I'm doing the best I can for today, right now. I am trying and that is better than not trying at all! Just coming on here and posting this is showing that your trying to get better. Remember to give yourselve a break. Don't beat yourselve up. We are all hear cheering you on. Never give up! I know how you feel.
Take-care of yourselve :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

RRLY11

Post by RRLY11 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:38 am

I am having trouble sticking with the program. I have it sitting here, but have no ambition to listen to the CD's. It's like it's too much, don't really know how to explain it. I'm probably going to have to start all over to get the benefit from it. Right now I'm on Session 9, but just not wanting to listen to it.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”