beating myself up

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
Diggy

Post by Diggy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:45 am

Yesterday I ran a stop sign. I have been driving this back road for 8 years. The street has a few different stops ... we just went through one. I asked my daughter to reach behind my seat and grab the book with the Mcd's coupons, I also had an intense headache. Somehow I didn't see the stop sign and was already in the middle of the st when i realized what I did. ( THANK GOD NO CARS WERE COMING) I just can't stop thinking about it and replaying it in my head on how it happened. My friend told me we are all safe, it was an accident and not to worry about it, just be more careful the next time...... I just feel so horrible i could have killed my daughter and nephews and myself. Its very upsetting.

HiDjO

Post by HiDjO » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:43 am

You shouldnt be beating youself up over that..instead you should be so thankful and happy that nothing did happen! look at the postive side of it instead of the negative. No one was hurt, you didn't get a ticket and obviously someone was looking down on you!! what a blessing =) I hope you stop feeling horrible and start to feel grateful!!...Keep you head up!

Engine2

Post by Engine2 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:58 am

Diggy,

Just be thankful that there was no one coming and move on.

I think many of us can relate to this or have done this themselves.

I have driven completely through intersections that I should not have because I had my mind pre-occupied. It happens.

They always say the car is no place to multi-task, and to be honest with you I think we all do it.

I am glad everyone is OK.
-------------------------
"Even a loyal dog will bite you if you kick it hard enough!"

jqueen

Post by jqueen » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:05 am

Diggy, It is unfortunate that you ran the stop sign. You learned from it. Everyone is alright. You won't do it again.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”