I need some advice please help

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
colleenf

Post by colleenf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:00 am

Hi So I am on session 9. Last week I made a huge accomplishment. I go to therapy once a week and for the past 6 months my husband has been driving me. Well this week it was almost time to go and he wasn't feeling good so the GUILTY :) me decided I would take myself there. I did it and i have to say i was so happy after I could have flown home! I could not stop smiling ear to ear. Well I have been bulding up to taking my son to this playgroup, I have driven there several times trying to de sensitize myself. Well I decided to drive there at the same time I normally would go this coming up Thursday. I felt very anxious but I made it and then came back. I was very down instaed of that excited feeling. I know I probably had too much expectations on myself to feel that same happiness and was let down when I felt anxious going. I guess I know after a success I am not cured. I want to pat myself on the back but now I am scared to go on Thusday.
Any encourgament would be truly grateful.

Thanks and god bless

Colleen

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:19 am

You just have to do it. Don't think about it so much. Don't sit there and anticipate all the what ifs. Just go. Be the best driver you know how to be. Watch out for the idiots, drive all the way in the slow lane if you have to. Just go, don't think.

ladybug_101

Re: I need some advice please help

Post by ladybug_101 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:05 am

wow you did it thats all that counts you can do it again go for it! :D

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”