guilt about missing work

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
Vickixox

Post by Vickixox » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:14 am

Does anyone ever miss work because you are too depressed to get out of bed in the morning?? I am starting to get nervous because I miss a lot of work, not only for my migraines, but because I CANNOT function in the morning.. I know I need to make some changes in my life- especially my career, but I feel so guilty that I called in this morning and I worry that people are talking about me at work for calling in sick alot.. It's not like I miss work to go out shopping, to the beach, I wish I had the energy or even the desire to- but I lounge around the house worrying,etc... Anyone else do that???

artistguy

Post by artistguy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:28 am

That is one of the weapons of anxiety is What Will People Think. Who cares what they think. You have to get yourself well and worrying about that is distracting you from working on yourself.

Vickixox

Post by Vickixox » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:34 am

Thanks for your reply...:) That's true- who cares what people think right?? I guess I feel like a loser though for staying home today- but mentally I REALLY don't feel good!!

Superman

Post by Superman » Fri May 02, 2008 12:48 am

Vicky.. its good once and a while to take time off just for you.
A day for vichy just to relax, and do the things that vicky wants to do.
Don't focus on work, miss a day, miss a week, and even if you get fired... you'll always find work somewhere else.
Focus on getting better...
Don't feel guilty about missing work,,, trust me ... you'll wouldn't have been productive.
So if you ever decide to miss work,,, find something nice to do... Get out of bed, and take a walk in the park, better yet lie down in your backyard and soak up some sun.
Anything but staying in bed.
Hope this help.
Steven

Tallboy

Post by Tallboy » Fri May 02, 2008 2:01 am

This is my 1st post. I have been unemployed for a year and most of this is because I have been paranoid to do job interviews due to anxiety...so don't feel so bad calling in sick....at least you have a job.

DebDeb

Post by DebDeb » Fri May 02, 2008 2:36 am

An occasional sick day just to relax is ok, but be careful because they can fire you for excessive
absenteeism.

The program has helped me a lot with my work anxiety & morning anxieties.

Vickixox

Post by Vickixox » Fri May 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Originally posted by Tallboy:
This is my 1st post. I have been unemployed for a year and most of this is because I have been paranoid to do job interviews due to anxiety...so don't feel so bad calling in sick....at least you have a job.
Hi Tallboy! Thanks for replying-- If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?? I am 30. Trust me I know anxiety about everything, including interviewing.. But-- see that anxiety that you have as a strength, because it shows that you care about being an employee, so when an employer sees this, it's actually good!! I know it may sound weird, but concentrate on session #2- panic attacks and use your Relaxation CD/tape.. Do you have them?? They are very useful-- Yeah, I should be lucky to have a job, but MAINTAINING it just as hard as SEEKING it!! T-You

Vickixox

Post by Vickixox » Fri May 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Originally posted by DebDeb:
An occasional sick day just to relax is ok, but be careful because they can fire you for excessive
absenteeism.

The program has helped me a lot with my work anxiety & morning anxieties.
Hi DebDeb--Thanks so much for your reply..You say that you also have morning anxiety?? I have it really bad!! What do you do in the AM? Tell me please! As the day goes on, it always gets better, but I wake up a lot at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 feeling like I can't handle the day ahead.. For some reason I function better in the afternoon and at night and the morning is scary for me!! Thanks ~Vicki

Gamer4Life

Post by Gamer4Life » Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 am

Vickixox, I also have the early morning anxiety about going to work..It seems to get better as the day goes on. I have found that the more I call in, the tougher it is to go in the next day. I now try to stay in the present moment with my thoughts...It just takes practice. I also started reading a book called, "A new Earth by Eckhart Tolle, it is very good and also speaks of the "precious present moment" that Lucinda mentions in the program.. Read it if you get a chance. One last thing....I try to anticipate at least one positive thing that I am going to do the next day...even if it is just as simple as listening to a new CD on the way to work....give it a try....good luck
It's not your heart (chest pain) its the circle above it! (head)

Vickixox

Post by Vickixox » Tue May 06, 2008 10:59 am

Gamer-- that was an awesome response! and YES it IS so much harder to go back to work after you have been out.. Funny you should mention "the present precious moment" because that has been my focus lately- as I realized that I am either CONSTANTLY worrying about WHAT I DID or WHAT WILL HAPPEN!! That book is really good?? I reallt got a lot out of session 10- scary thoughts.... That is totally ME!!! Thanks so much,- u really inspired me today!! :) ~VICKI

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”