Miracles

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have always believed in the power of prayer. I have seen first-hand how prayer changes lives and things.

I just wanted to share a very recent miracle with you all. A few days ago we had a horrific ice-storm. Our electricity was out for 6 days.
After we finally got our power turned back on, my daughter's mini-component stereo system had stopped working. It was a really nice system, and my daughter and I were really upset. I knew that I didn't have the funds to purchase another one anytime soon. I called the company from which I purchased the stereo system, and did all the trouble-shooting to no avail..The only thing that worked on the stereo was the power on light...From there..nothing else worked...No blinking blue speaker lights, no sound; the mini-component stereo system had been fried by the power outage. I was told by the company that the stereo was no longer of any use...I was totally flabbergasted..My daughter had been in tears for at least a week, and I just didn't know what to do. Every time, I would try to unhook the stereo, and remove it from the stand; it was like something was telling me to place in back on the stand. I wanted to get it out of the way, but, I couldn't even get the wires unhooked from the back, and like I said...That little still voice would say, "Place it back on the stand." I just couldn't understand why I was supposed to leave a fried stereo in my daughter's room...Why not dispose of it...It made no sense at all to me.

About a week later, my daughter and I held hands and agreed to prayed to the Lord to help me provide her with another one. After that, every time my daughter would bring up the subject, I would reassure her I would purchase one when I got the money. I had no idea when that would be, since, I was so financially stressed.

A few days later my mother came over to spend the night with us. She always slept with my daughter..My mother loves my daughter's therapeutic mattress.

Later that night, my daughter came into our living room and told me that she heard someone knocking on her window. I didn't pay it much mind...until the next day.

The next morning, I was standing near her bedroom door, and noticed the blue speaker lights blinking on and off like they did before her stereo had fried. I kinda thought it odd, but, brushed if off, since, I had so much running to do that day.

Upon returning home from all the running, I decided to take a nap. My daughter came into my bed-room and awakened me. She was so excited. When I went into her bedroom, I could barely believe what I saw and heard..Her stereo was working perfectly!!!!

Then it dawned on me after speaking with my mother who had slept with my daughter the night before...The knock on the window, and the blinking stereo lights took place at around the same time. The stereo had begun working the night before, but, we didn't have it turned on, since, we had been told it was fried. My mother said she noticed the blinking blue lights right after the knock on the window.

The stereo works like new, now. There is no need to buy a new one. I still have difficulty believing what happened that night. My husband, son, daughter, and mother talk a lot about it. I have told a lot of people, and we have all came to the same conclusion. The Good Lord performed a miracle. There is no logical explanation for a fried mini-stereo component system to ever work again...We give Jesus all the thanks for this...We believe He sent an angel to fix the stereo, or He with all His power did it Himself...This is not the first miracle, that I have experienced, but, it is the most recent unexplained one...I know in my heart the Good Lord took care of this problem for us. He knew our financial condition, and He heard our prayers...I will never forget this miracle, and will never cease to thank Him...for He is worthy...Feel free to give your input... God Bless Each and Every One of You

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Sorry...I misquoted the date of the ice-storm...The ice-storm happened was 2-3 weeks ago...Forgive me...God Bless

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:49 am

Wow..miracles happen everyday and only God knows what we really need. I believe God speaks to us all in our own special way I was just wondering if hers was music?

I also love this so much because it is proof that God meets us right where we are...thanks for the great testimony. Michelle

spedteacher

Post by spedteacher » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:40 am

MsTBones, thank you for sharing your "miracle" with us. God is with us and hears ALL of our prayers and PRAISE him for still being in the miracle business. We get so caught up in our everyday, ordinary lives, that we miss the simple things that he places in our paths EVERYDAY!!! He is faithful and ALIVE!!!

God bless you
Robin
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way, no day but today!"~Jonathan Larson
www.myspace.com/erinberens

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:59 am

Reposting for those new to the forum!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”