Weekly Prayer Group

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
HeatherBug

Post by HeatherBug » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:58 am

Prayer group sounds awesome :)
I'm also currently weaning myself off of my medication.. 60mg Cymbalta.. I'm down to 30mg the past week and tonight I quit cold turkey, I'm having quite a few side effects and withdrawl but I'm trying to keep my faith and stay optimistic :) God bless yall

C.C. Ryder

Post by C.C. Ryder » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Thank you all for your posts. Hope to see you at our next prayer group session on Sunday in the Help area of Chat at 7 Eastern time. Thanks much.

CC

Patchwork

Post by Patchwork » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:00 am

This is an answer to a prayer. I will be there

Bettylafrench

Post by Bettylafrench » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 am

Hi everyone,
i just ordered the program. My issue is anxiety which when it gets in the way gives me bad sleep and bad appetite. I have done well with my church for 10 years, but as I dug deeper with a therapist, I felt I could just let go off the church and go my merry way! The fact is that talk therapy really helps me but the anxiety returns some other time and I realize that this is a life long program, so is church. I have denied the problem. It is true that most people experience anxiety at some time, but with me it can sky rocket at times. Right now, I am going through a phase because as I turned 50, I decided to have a face lift and I went ahead and did it about 3 weeks ago. Of course, it is a bit uncomfortable and anybody would feel inconvenienced after any operation, but the anxiety started attacking me really bad, with regrets, guilt, shame and other nonsense thoughts. I function well and really I should be so thankful because my life is really blessed. I just tend to make a big deal out things at times. I feel that I have been hiding the problem from myself. I have dealt with it, but not really admitted it to myself. The truth and the matter is that I get overly anxious and it makes me feel bad and affects me personally negatively. It spoils my quality of life, robs me of peace for sure. I am sharing because last week I went back to my church and I was humbled and convicted for being vein and having had the surgery. All my friends at church were supportive and I knew right there that I had drifted away too far! No guilt, they said, this is what the devil wants! No guilt, turn to God, he forgives all sins. I know God forgives our human mistakes and weaknesses. I need to take responsibility for my self and attack the problem head on. I feel worse than I have felt in years and I know that God ws behind me supporting me all this time until I strayed. I still have a hard time to pray right now because it has been about 8 months since I really prayed to God. My plan is: 1. to pray to God and realign myself with Him in a personal relationship and trust Him. 2. admit my problem with anxiety out loud to as many people as I can 3. be patient and wait until I receive the program and seriously work it. 4. share with others and seek guidance of a therapist if I need to. I am not sure as to where to find the prayer group, but I'll look for it. I am looking forward to hearing from someone please.
Thanks!

cfe

Post by cfe » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:25 am

Welcome to the program Bettylafrench! I am so glad to read you are ready to face the problems, the program will help you with that for sure. I found each lesson brought out that particular thing in my life and I gained the tools to confront it, and turn it to a Positive progressive experience. I was also glad to read you are seeking a personal Relationship with God, that is what Christianity is all about, it is not a Religion it is a Relationship!
I found I did not need a therapist while working the program, Journaling (I hate doing that) turned out to be the most helpful part, I procrastinated for a few months and didn't get out of it all I could have, I had to start over at lesson 4. So my advice is to do it just the way it is written, commit to believing they know the best way to do it, and fallow it step by step. My problem was I didn't think I had it down perfect, and I stuck myself for weeks on one lesson. That is when I realized I am a perfectionist, and that is not helpful. So I purposed to do 2 pages a day, and got through it in one week, weather I felt I deserved to proceed or not I did. and it made all the difference for me.
We are all different as "snow FLAKES" that is true, but we are also inside very much the same "Image of God" and Lucinda has a Gift of understanding this shared problem and how to get through this particular Valley! God Bless your Efforts, in Jesus precious name, amen
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

CG822

Post by CG822 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:12 am

Im really looking forward to tomorrows prayer group. I havent done it in a long time. shame on me!!

SusantheChatterbox

Post by SusantheChatterbox » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:33 pm

What time is that Central time. I am still not good at keeping track of the different time zones. I am in Central time. I would definitely like to join in. I have went to a couple of prayer chats months ago and enjoyed them with them being a blessing to me. If I don't forget I will be there Sunday evening. Please let me know what time that is Central time. Thanks and God bless.

Susan

cfe

Post by cfe » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:08 pm

I have never joined the chat, but I do know the East Coast gets the sun first. so they start the day earlier. their 7pm EDT. is 6;pm Central time, and 5:pm Mountain time that is where I live
I hope that analogy helps you
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

Shennan_5

Post by Shennan_5 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:40 pm

I would love top join the Prayer Group!!! Please send me the information. This is awesome. God bless you! :)

NR

Post by NR » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 am

Originally posted by Shennan_5:
I would love top join the Prayer Group!!! Please send me the information. This is awesome. God bless you! :)
I would like to join as well. I would like support from a peer group.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”