Weekly Prayer Group

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
C.C. Ryder

Post by C.C. Ryder » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Hello friends,

Last year, a prayer group was started in the chat room. After a while, we stopped meeting.

Recently, interest has been expressed in starting a prayer group again.

For those who are interested, we will meet on Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. EST in the help area of the chat room, beginning Easter Sunday, March 23, 2008. We will meet each Sunday at the same time. There is no special membership or anything and everyone is welcome.

The prayer sessions are open to everyone of all faiths and will remain non-denominational with references to God only so that all believers of all religions feel comfortable and welcome.

Prayer and spirituality are wonderful tools in battling anxiety, stress and depression. Sunday night seems like the ideal time, as it will give us a good start to the week. Please join us.

God bless you all.
CC

Angie S

Post by Angie S » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:30 pm

Thank you CC! Can't wait!

Angie

Believer08

Post by Believer08 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:35 pm

I do hope and pray it becomes established and a blessing to all.

Good Luck and Best wishes and Many Blessings...

C.C. Ryder

Post by C.C. Ryder » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Thank you all for your enthusiasm. Hope you can join us.

CC

Kath

Post by Kath » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:16 am

CC, thank you so much for bringing the prayer group back......I love the idea that it is non-denomiational.....people of all faiths and beliefs coming together to praise God....and CC on a personal note, thank you for agreeing to lead the group with such love

I encourage anyone and everyone to join us tonite at 7:00 EST. in the help room

Love you all....

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:23 am

Thank you so much for this CC and Kath this will be a blessing to many of us. Prayer is so powerful and brings such peace to alot of us who right now peace may be hard to find. Not sure if I can make it in tonight b/c my kids will be here for dinner but I will try, if not I will see you next week for sure.
God bless you
Mimi

waldon

Post by waldon » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:11 am

I think the prayer group is a great tool for us to heal, we work on the mind to heal the body,and prayer will heal the soul and spirit. God Bless and happy easter.

Angie S

Post by Angie S » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:07 am

CC,

What a wonderful prayer group last night! A great success! You did a great job as leader cc and I enjoyed it so much. I am so thankful for all who joined us and hope more will join us next week.

Angie

Grandpopajohn

Post by Grandpopajohn » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:03 am

CC thank you for starting up the prayer group again. I am very sorry I could not lead it this time. Currently I'm involved in staying clean and sober through AA. Anyone who knows anything about AA knows that Spirituality is a very big part of staying on the right path. I will try to make it if I can however I do have a meeting on Sunday nights at 7:30. You have always handled the prayer group very well CC and I know you will do a great job. I would like to leave you all with a prayer I say all the time now perhaps you can incorporate it into your daily life it has helped me tremendously.

Heavenly Father I turn my life and my will over to You. Guide my steps along the path You have chosen for me. Show me Your will for me and give me the strength and the grace to carry that will out. Not my will but Your will be done.

Again thanks CC and good luck with the prayer group I think it is a great thing for everyone.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:48 am

Hey Pops :) I'm so very proud of you for choosing sobriety... best of luck to you, friend...

...and thank you for sharing that lovely prayer
.....It truly touched me...

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”