Rushing wind

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Lord we need you, we love you,refresh our hearts.Send us revival
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktQC1EYSe58

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi Sister,
I have never heard this song before, but it is soooo "uplifting" and beautiful...

I would love the feel that great "peace" in my heart tonight...

I think I am being tested and tried, but I know that God will pull through for me...

For sunshine comes in the morning...

Thanks again Jill, I love you dearly...Cloie

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:29 pm

The music of Keith Green is very much anointed music. Before his passing the Lord was really using him to touch so many lives. Including
mine ;) This song reminds me all over again
how much I need the Holy spirit to be in my life. Without him I have nothing

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:58 pm

My dear friend and sister Jill,
I feel the very same way...I am absolutely nothing without Jesus..

He is my everything, and I love HIM with all of my heart, all of my mind, all of my soul, and all of my strength..

And I love each and every single child of His, with all of my heart, all of my mind, and all of my strength..

I cannot imagine trying to live my life without HIS SWEET HOLY SPIRIT living in my soul...

I would rather not have been born, than to not have HIM living within me..

He is my EVERYTHING...AND THAT IS THE WHOLE TRUTH...i WILL LOVE HIM, SERVE HIM, AND PRAISE HIM, AS LONG AS THERE IS BREATH IN MY BODY...

God has used you, my dear sister to fill my "cup to overflowing" tonight, and I sure needed to feel his peace...thank you sooo much for your obedience to HIM..

I pray you have a wonderful night's rest wrapped up in our Savior's arms...Much Love in Christ Jesus is being sent your way...Your sister in Christ...

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 am

Hi Jill and T Bones,

I could not help noticing that you really like the music ministry of Keith Green, and I really like the message that that is posted up on the Keith Green web sight.

http://www.lastdaysministries....een/Keith_Green.aspx

I beg you, please read this sermon of Keith Green, and see if you can see the dilemma that confronts each of us. Sister T, you are well aware that I have privately mentioned these very things, and the sin of idolatry as the biggest challenge facing every born and spiritually gifted Christian. Personally, I know that you are a person that absorbs, comprehends and relates to the written word over the spoken word. Someday we will be able to chat, and talk, and see each other over the internet, and I know that we will be able to comprehend even more greatly what are each trying to convey.

These words of Keith Green are daily resounded by many of us, but they fall on, or seem to fall on, deaf ears. I guess that is the short answer to Keith's question. Keith is right! We are not to idolize others, but if people aren't moved by the status of the people they don't idolize the message never gets through. This is truly a human tragedy, but all is not lost. If we, those not being idolize, are persistent, and strive through repetition of our efforts, we will ultimately break through to some. Just like in the parable of the talents.

Keith Green was an exceptional person, by that I mean that while he had rock star status, in the eyes of his fans, he preached and lived a life and message that, for its day, shook the very foundations of the main stream churches, every one of his concerts was loaded with end time ministry connotations that stirred the souls of the listeners.

He preached repentance. He preached end time and judgment besides salvation in Christ. While other ministers raised money for homeless shelters, Keith made and lived in his own house as a homeless shelter. Yes, this guy was a totally sold out for Jesus Christian, with the message that was not about filling stadium seats in a church, but about pushing a message that was not concerned about tickling ears pushing Christians to push the limits of their comfort zones. How would he fair in the stress center forum with out the name and notoriety? My guess is, he would not be liked to well.

This morning I was fascinated with the Luke account of the healing of the 10 lepers, found in Luke 17:11-19. What the account doesn't reveal is:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>This was during the early part of Jesus' ministry
<LI>He is being careful not to cross into Samaria as he walks in the border country between <span class="ev_code_red">Samaria and Galilee</span>
<LI>Jesus encounters lepers pleading for mercy and Jesus speaks a word of healing upon them
<LI>Of the 10 lepers only one returns to give Jesus thanks and he was a <span class="ev_code_red">Samaritan</span>
<LI>We don't know where the others are from save the one that return to give God the glory as Jesus indicates
<LI>Jesus tells the one who did return to give thanks and glorify God and tells him: "...Arise go thy way: thy faith has made thee whole..." </UL>

In case you didn't know, the people of Samaria were looked upon with dismay and disgust, because they were part of the 10 northern tribes that were led captive by the Assyrians, whose women were raped and the vast majority were sold off into slavery and disbursed throughout the known world. Their blood line to the covenant God originally made with Abraham, was broken by them for their harlotry of idol worship. They were looked down upon because they were thought of, by the Judeans, Herodians, Pharisees, and Sadducees, as sub humans lower than gentiles or bastards.

It was not until Jesus ministry was in full attention of thousands upon thousands and had every ones attention that Jesus talked about or entered into the Samaria territory. The Gentile Christians of today, you and me, are just like and no different than those lepers. We are all healed by our faith in Jesus, but not all recognize the healing and cleansing, nor do we seem very grateful enough to give Jesus the thanks and praise. The doors to the wedding feast are nearing a close, but fear not. If you are not saved; get saved and let us all give thanks and praise to our Savior He has overcome the world! God has not given us a spirit of fear, but power, love and a sound mind! He has taken the the little things that seem insignificant to those with their eyes firmly fixed on the wisdom, riches and pleasures of the world, and confounded the wisdom of men!

Jill, thanks for your persist-ency and love of Keith Green's music that sent me on, what seems to be a this ramble to some folks, but I see a treasure of hope to sell all and buy that field with hidden treasure.

Have a blessed day!

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:33 am

Please listen to "My Eyes Are Dry" by Keith Green. Our choir sang this at a revival in late September. I cry every time I hear it. It really speaks to MY HEART.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:36 am

RCA

That is an excellent song as well. And perfect
for a revival service. I think the song
"asleep in the light" is a good one for a revival service too. Gosh so many of his songs are good since they are about being totally
commited to Christ 100% holding nothing back! You don't hear that in todays gospel music as much.
Take care :)
Jill~

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:37 pm

If we ever needed you Lord it's now. Send healing to this forum. :(

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”