The Lord is Leading Me Back to This Little Forum!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 am

Hi Everyone :) :) :),
I don't know why, but I am feeling led to post more on this little forum!!! I truly believe that my mission in this life is to help others who are suffering from anxiety/depression!!!

God is good and I want to do what He would have me to do daily!!! It is not about me, it is all about HIM!!!

So, if this is where the Lord wants me to be, then this is where I must be!!!

I pray that God Blesses each of you daily!!! Much Love in Christ Jesus is being sent your way!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:34 am

THANK YOU, MS. T BONES FOR THE VIDEO AND FOR YOUR BLESSINGS. I BELIEVE GOD SENT ME HERE AS WELL, AND I HOPE TO BE A BLESSING TO YOU AND MANY OTHERS, AS WE RECOVER TOGETHER. GOD BLESS!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Aaaaw Kimberly, You are soooo welcome!!! Have a wonderful night's rest!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Hello Ms T

I am so glad that you are back here helping us overcome our anxiety/ depressions issues with some faith filled posts on God's Love, Help and Mercy. Keep up the good work!

If you could remember me in your prayers I would appreciate it. I am going through some health issues which really stirring up my anxiety and panicky feelings.

Take care and God Bless

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi bna :) :) :).
I am sooo sorry that you are having anxiety from health issues!!! I will be honored to pray for you!!!

I am sure that you will be okay, if you would like to talk further about your health issues, feel free to PM me...

I pray that God touches and heals you from the very top of your head to the bottom of your toes!!!

Much Love in Christ Jesus!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 pm

hi ms. t bones-i like reading your posts because they seem so caring and genuine and give me comfort.

i have really bad social anxiety and am suffering at the current moment-i feel as if i'm not lovable or worthy.

can you please pray for me?

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Aaaaw kkat, I am soooo sorry that it took me sooo long to get back with you!!! I would be honored to pray for you dear friend!!!

My heart cries out for you!!! I am sooo sorry that you are suffering sooo much!!!

I pray that God blesses you richly on your road to recovery!!! Much Love in Christ Jesus!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi everyone. I too know the Lord has sent me here as well. I used to come here everyday. this was 2 yrs ago. AND this was before I was Christian. I first came on this site I think in 2005. In 2008 I suffered the worst in my life. In 2009 I was saved by our Lord! In 2008 I came on here often and met a couple amazing friends. I text them often and we are close. Whenever any of us feel bad we talk to each other. They are both Christian woman and like i said at the time meeting them on here I was not. But i KNOW God put them in my life. Thank you God!! They help me so much and I know they will forever be my friends. I am having a hard night tonight. I am off my medication now and the fear kicks in. WHat ifs kick in. I do know God has given me this anxiety/depression for a reason. In fact, it led me to him. And when I feel bad I seek him. And he knows I can tell my story to others about how God saved me. Bless you all on this site who struggle with anxiety, depression, OCD and any kind of mental pain. Boy do I understand mental pain. I will leave you with a very wonderful psalm:

I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.

Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave [a] came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

Then I called on the name of the LORD :
"O LORD, save me!"

The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.

The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.

Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the LORD has been good to you.

For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling,

that I may walk before the LORD
in the land of the living.

I believed; therefore I said,
"I am greatly afflicted."

And in my dismay I said,
"All men are liars."

How can I repay the LORD
for all his goodness to me?

I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the LORD.

I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people.

Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.

O LORD, truly I am your servant;
I am your servant, the son of your maidservant [c] ;
you have freed me from my chains.

I will sacrifice a thank offering to you
and call on the name of the LORD.
I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people,

in the courts of the house of the LORD—
in your midst, O Jerusalem.
Praise the LORD. PSALM 116

God Bless you all my brothers and sisters in Christ!

-Holly

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi Holly,

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad to hear that you are still alive and well in Christ Jesus. My prayers are with you as you are dealing with getting off your medication. Remember... "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear."--1 Jn 4:18. In reference to the fearful negative "what if's," may I offer a suggestion to replace them with loving positive "what if's." For example: What if I discover that I no longer need medication. What if I now have more wonderful breakthroughs in discovering God's plans for my life. What if I start each day claiming that God's grace is sufficient for me and actually go through the day living like it was so no matter what happens. What if I exercise my faith and grow stronger in it because faith is the victory that overcomes the world. What if I trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding and in all my ways acknowledge Him and realize that He shall direct my paths. What if I say along with the Apostle Paul, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” What if I kept my mind saturated with the Word of God. What if my life was so filled with God and His love that there would not be any room for imaginary negative thoughts. Anyway…I’m sure that you can come up with some of your own. ;)

God bless you too my Sister in Christ.
GIL

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi Holly :) :) :),
Thank you sooooo very much for sharing those beautiful scriptures with each of us!!! I know that Jesus Christ takes excellent care of HIS very own!!!

You are going to be just fine my dear friend!!! Much Love in Christ Jesus!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”