God Delivers Those Who Trust in Him!!! Coming from a former agoraphobic!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:38 pm

reposting for those new to the forum...

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:44 am

mrs t, I so don't want this anxiety. How can I be doing this to myself? It is horrible. I cry out ot Jesus to heal me. I too pray every night for this to go away. How do I change my thinking? I need the video the Father's love to just flood my mind.I am so afraid of being afraid. I have a most blessed life. Help me to choose one thought to focus on today to begin to change my mind. I just saw a post of mine from September. I could just put up the same post. I need some hope. Thank you for letting me pour out. Jesus pour into me.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Oh, Marty Ann, I am soooo sorry!!! I was there for sooooo many years of my life!!! I know "exactly" how you are feeling, my dear friend and sister!!!

This is NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WRONG, MY DEAR FRIEND AND SISTER!!! You do not deserve to live your life in fear!!! You must realize that you are the one who is scaring your own self by the negative thoughts, which you entertain daily!!!

I have used this one many times...When a negative, scary thought pops into my mind, then I will say, "Satan, I know this is you, and that you cannot harm one hair on my head, because I belong to God, "I do not believe your lies, since you are a liar and the father of them, and you are just out to "torment" my mind"...

I then discard that thought, as though it were a piece of trash!!!

Remember, Jesus has a soft, still voice which is full of love, joy and peace!!!

The Bible says, "He did not give us the spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind!!!

I looked up "sound" in the dictionary, once, and it said "healthy"...

Claim that healthy mind, my dear friend and sister, and do not give any weight to those negative, scary, and obsessive thoughts!!!

BTW: Do not try to wish the "anxiety" away, just float through it, knowing you are healthy, safe and secure beneath the wings of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

Read the "uplifting" Psalms in your Bible!!! This is soooo very peaceful and relaxing!!! Surround yourself with positivity!!!

May God richly bless you on your journey to recovery my dear friend and sister in Christ Jesus!!! Cloie

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks Mrs T, I copied down your thoughts and encouragements. I am at the stage where I just have to put right thoughts in front of my eyes and read them over and over to get them into my spirit. So I will tell Satan he is a liar. Then I will ask Jesus to keep me sage and secure under His wings.
It is such a battle every morning at 4 until 10:00 or noon. So let's practice. Satan you are a liar. Jesus loves me and protects me. Jesus will rule over you Satan. Jesus will bless me with sweet sleeep until the alarm goes off. then Jesus will keep my mind sound as I start my day.In Jesus name.

floating through. It is still only about Jesus. Jesus give me victory, that I may be a strong woman to comfort others as Mrs T does..

I don't want to end my post as I will be alone with the battle again. But for the grace of God.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey Marty Ann :) :) :),
I am not one bit stronger than you, my dear friend and sister!!! Trust me on that one ;)

I am sure you could comfort others, right this moment!!! And I am sure that you do and have comforted others many times throughout your life, and didn't even realize you even did it!!! :) :) :)

You are sooooo much "stronger" than you think you are!!!

Keep posting my dear friend!!! Who says you have to stop???

Have a wonderful night's rest all safe, warm and sheltered beneath the wings of our Almighty God!!!

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Wow, I just saw this post again. I am upset that here it is may 6 and I am in the same spot....
Satan you are a liar. I do not believe your lies. I belong to Jesus. Jesus is protecting my mind. Jesus I turn to you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw1atGPe69I

Post by Guest » Thu May 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi Marty Ann :) :) :),
That is one beautiful song, my dear friend and sister in Christ Jesus!!!

Thank you soooo very much for sharing this song with each of us!!!

May God deliver you from all of your fears, and HE will because HE said HE would in HIS word, and it is "impossible" for HIM to lie!!!

I know it is very difficult, but try your best to be "patient" and "just upload" all of your fears, worries, anxieties and concerns on HIS precious back!!!

I pray that God sends much peace your way, and that your fears "dissipate" into mid air!!!

May you rest well tonight knowing that God takes excellent care of HIS very own!!!

Much Love in Christ Jesus is being sent your way...Cloie

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:01 pm

It has almost been one year since you posted this and it is still just as powerful as it was the day you wrote it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! God has spoke through you directly to my heart and I am so thankful!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi exuberance is beauty :) :) :),
I do not come into the little stress center very often any more, but tonight I just felt the need to come in and check in on everyone!!!

You are sooooooo very welcome and I am sooooo very grateful that God spoke to your heart!!!

When I am typing things out, I never give them much thought, until I see postings like yours, then I realize that God has used me to help someone who needs help and that makes me feel very good on the inside!!!

I pray that God blesses you beyond human understanding on your journey to recovery!!!

Much Love in Christ Jesus!!! Cloie

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Thank you for all your posts, encouraging us to go on. I am a born again Christian, too, and I feel like I have failed as a Christian with these anxiety attacks. It seems so wrong somehow, because anxiety is fear, and we aren't supposed to fear anything but the Lord. His Word says he has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. Yet, even though I pray, and read the Word, and try to meditate on His promises, the anxiety continues. I am hoping that with this program, combined with my faith in Christ, I will finally overcome, and be free from this bondage. "This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4 (KJV)

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”