God Delivers Those Who Trust in Him!!! Coming from a former agoraphobic!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Hello Everyone,
As many of you already know, I was agoraphobic and suffered from severe panic and anxiety attacks, accompanied by depression for 21 years of my life!!!

I prayed soooo earnestly that God would heal me from those horrific panic attacks!!! I was scared out of my wits, because my heart would pound fiercely within my chest and do all kinds of strange things!!!

I, honestly thought I was dying every day of my life, all day long!!! If someone had placed a loaded gun to my head, then, I know of a certainty that I could not have been more terrified!!!

I can remember how disoriented and disconnected
from society and even my own body that I would feel at times!!!

I just felt sooo robotic and I just existed, but, I wasn't truly living!!!

I could not see the beauty in anything, all that I could see or feel was gloom and doom!!!

And yes, I suffered soooo long from those scary obsessive thoughts!!!

I lived in total fear!!! As I look back upon my life, then, I truly believe that I was more scared of living than dying, although, I sure didn't want to die either!!!

I ordered the program almost 7 years ago, now!!! I did do the program and by the Grace of God I did begin to see my life in a fresh new light!!! The gloom and doom had lifted and I actually wanted to get out of the bed and live my life to the fullest!!!

I need for each of you to know that while I was suffering in that manner, that God was carrying me!!!

I, also, know of a certainty had my faith not been placed in Jesus, then, I would not have come out of that horrible pit, that I was in!!!

He never did leave me to suffer alone, although, I was far from perfect!!! I was His little child and He loved me through it all!!!

When you have come to the very end of your strength and you feel like you cannot go one more step, then, look straight to Jesus!!!

He is there my friends!!! He sees your suffering and pain, and it is not His will that you suffer in this manner!!!

Had I asked Jesus for more faith, then, I would have received more faith!!! The Bible says that you have not because you ask not!!!

Had I looked straight to Jesus, instead of the troublesome waters which were all around me, then, HE would have reached and took my hand and led me safely to the shore!!!

I expected these feelings to just disappear, like magic, or something!!! I did not want to do my part, I just wanted to be able to wish it all away!!!

I would pray every night, that I would wake up the next morning and the panic attacks would be a thing of the past!!!

It did not happen that way!!! There was no magic pill, or magician waving some magic wand, so, my pain continued!!!

My heart breaks for each of you who are suffering in this manner, God knows that it does!!!

Please, I beg of each of you look to Jesus for help and guidance!!! Study His word, read the book of "Psalms" and pray for help and deliverance!!!

If you have already asked Him for help, then, stop asking and start "Trusting"....Have faith in the ONE who is able to calm the troublesome seas, which are roaring all around you!!!

If you do not have HIM in your life, then, seek His precious face!!! He loves you more than you love your own children and that is sooo difficult to imagine!!!

You do NOT have to suffer in this manner, any longer!!! This is NOT God's will for your life!!! His will is for you to "prosper and be in good health"...

He has not given us the spirit of fear, but, of power, love and a sound mind!!!

I know that I have shared this video before, but, I would like to share it, once again, for those who are new here and have never seen it!!!

I love you all, and I pray that you trust in God to deliver you, as He promised in His Holy Word, and as He did for me!!! It is impossible for God to lie, so, TRUST ME, THERE IS HOPE!!!

Here is the video, I pray it helps you beyond human understanding!!!

Father's Love Letter

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:11 am

thank you so much for this post. it has helped me quite a bit. your right, i am just praying and wishing it to all go away and i have to do the work - i also am more scared of living - this is a scary world, just need to learn to trust Him more like i say i do - hope to talk w/you soon. God bless you - i hope i can have the same testimony as you. lorraine

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 pm

help, I love God. I need Him now. This panic is horrible. God help me to trust you!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:37 am

Hello Everyone,
I know panic attacks feel very dangerous because of all of the horrible body symptoms!!!

I need to tell each one of you that I suffered from extreme panic and every symptom under the sun!!!

Each of you need to understand that although panic attacks are very "uncomfortable" and "scary", that it is "IMPOSSIBLE" FOR THEM TO HURT YOU IN ANY WAY!!!

You will not have a heart attack from a panic attack!!! You will not go crazy from a panic attack!!! You will not faint from a panic attack!!! You will not die from a panic attack!!!

Each of you are safe!!! Each of you are healthy!!! Each of you are doing this to your own selves by your negative way of thinking!!!

It really is true when the program says, change your thoughts, change your life!!! If you do what you have always done, then, you will get what you have always gotten!!!

WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS DOING THIS TO YOUR OWN SELF, THEN, YOU ARE WELL ON YOUR ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!!

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU IS MY PRAYER!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Hello Everyone,
Here is another video that I pray will help you find some peace in your lives!!!

The Lord Has A Will

I pray each of you have a wonderful night's rest sheltered beneath the wings of the Almighty God!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Thank you so much for your post and the video. It was beautiful. Thanks again.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Aaaaaah, Candice you are sooooo welcome!!! I loved the Psalms you quoted, as well!!!

Here is another inspirational video, which many of you may not have watched yet!!!

When you watch this video, just think about what you plan on doing with the "years in between"

Here is the video... The Dash Movie

I pray each of you have a great night's rest!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Thank you for posting. I've felt so much shame and I beat myself up so much because I know the Lord. I love Christ and I am so grateful for His sacrafic and aboundning love. I needed to "hear" that others have prayed and prayed that God would take this gloomy panic cloud away - and that the Lord lead you all to a place of recovery. I'm only on week 2 of the program yet I am accepting that I am doing this to myself.

Bless you!
Amy

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:53 am

Dear Amy,
I am soooo proud of you!!! You are doing great!!! It gave me hope, just knowing there was HOPE!!!

Honestly, I thought there was NO HOPE FOR ME, since, I had suffered from these panic attacks and depression for soooo long!!!

I pray God Blesses you Richly on Your Road to Recovery!!!

Have a great "blessed" day!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Ms. T Bones, You say it all so well. I too am a born again christian and realize that I wouldn't have made it this far without my saving grace, Jesus. I prayed for deliverance from my anxiety, but I guess my deliverence will come from this program and retraining my thoughts. Thanks for your encouraging words

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”