My Experience With Salvation!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:47 am

i thank you too i believe i just have not felt like its all that everyone else has your story gives me hope to keep praying he has in the last year gave my family to great miracles my self and two grown children were victims of a home invasion three men broke in and held guns to our heads were in our home for 30 min or more watching them hod guns to my kids heads was the most horrible thing i thank god every day they did not shoot 3 months latet the same son was in o very bad 4 wheeler wreck his cousin had very bad brain injury they said she would not live she did both of these i know gods hand was there i just want the feeling tou had so i will keep on praying thank you

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:20 am

Wow!!! Dixie, God has surely has His hand upon you and your little family!!!

This had to be a horrifying experience, yet, God saw fit to spare you and your little family!!! Praise God!!! He is soooooo faithful!!!

God says that if we seek HIM, then, we shall find HIM, so, if you don't know HIM as your personal Savior, then, all you need to do is start seeking HIS face...

I love you dearly and I pray you have a wonderful night's rest!!! God Bless You Dearly is My Prayer for you!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Reposting!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:23 am

Hi Dixie B.
I suggest that you read C.S. Lewis' book title MERE CHRISTIANITY.
Also some other of his books.

You cannot always base your experiences on 'feelings'.
To accept Christ into the heart is just very simple. You don't have to beg God for this favor. And you don't have to wait for a 'feeling'.
Some people get these great emotional turnovers and feelings.
But for some it is just a matter of accepting that Christ paid the sacrifice for you . Inviting Him in to live in your heart.

Feelings are fickle . They come and go.

My very best wishes to you.
SR

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:10 am

Good Morning Slender Reed :) :) :)
The Holy Bible has been around for almost 4 thousand years!!! This is the True Living Word of God and all of these other books have been written by "mere" human beings, such as you and I!!!

Here are some Scriptures concerning these very things you have talked about!!!

John 14:6....I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me!!!

John 6:44...No man comes to me except the Father which hath sent me draw him, and I will raise Him up on the last day!!!

There is a feeling in Salvation!!! Here are the Scriptures concerning the feeling!!!

Gal. 5:22...But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, -longsuffering, gentleness, goodness and faith!!!

1 John 4:7-8...Beloved let us love one another: For love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God!!!

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is LOVE!!!

Slender Reed, it is impossible to love someone whom you have never seen, unless, you are born of God!!!

There is a difference between caring about others, and truly loving them!!!

The only way that you can truly love God or people whom you don't even know is to be born of God, for God is love!!!

How can you love God, whom, you have not seen, unless He places that Love inside of your heart???

It is all about Love, not as the world loveth, but, a much more powerful Love!!!

Thanks for your time!!! Have a beautiful day filled with much laughter, sunshine and joy!!!

God Bless You Slender Reed!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:28 am

Dear Ms T Bone:
If you can publish your experience of salvation here on the forum, outside the limits of the Holy Bible, why couldn't C.S. Lewis and thousands of other christian writers tell of their experiences in a book?

The experience of salvation is not limited. We learn about everything in the Holy Scriptures. Absolutely.

But many caring christians world wide share their personal experiences.

I hope you wouldn't limit the reading of these other christian experiences .

And as I wrote earlier.
"feelings are fickle". Thus all these terrible symtoms of anxiety.

God absolutely loves to give salvation to as many as believe on HIm. He says so in His book.
Isn't he great, Ms T?
SR

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:01 am

Hi Slender Reed :) :) :)
I have never read these books!!! I read the Holy Bible, since, it has all of the answers to my problems in it!!!

You are soooo right...Salvation is a "free gift" from God!!!

But, the Bible also says that we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling...
This Scripture can be found in...
Phil. 2:12

God Bless You Slender Reed!!! Salvation is a very "personal" thing between us and Jesus!!!

I pray you have a great day!!! God Bless!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 am

SR I love love love C.S. Lewis. He is one of the greatest Christian writers ever. I have no doubt if he was alive in Christ's time he would have a book in the bible because you can tell God hand works through him. I read the Narnia series as a young adult and we have nearly every one of his books. Mere Christianity is awesome; The Screwtape Letters entertaining. I started to read his autobiography and am going to pick it up again. He was truly an amazing writer and man.

I agree with your thoughts on feelings, they do come and go. We have to be careful with feelings, because they can be tricky and mess with our minds. The Mormons used to knock on our door and invite us to pray and get a "burning in the bosom" they were big on that. We can also be overcome by "feelings" and think that God is speaking to us when all logic says otherwise, so we don't go on evidence and what really makes sense.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:09 am

Thank you Shifrah!

Yes, people were burned at the 'stake' because others got a 'feeling' that they were witches, casting bad spells on folk. A sad time in our early history.

Ms T, thank you so much for your blessings wished for me. I know you are sincere.

And I understood that you hadn't read any of those books.
SR

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 am

Dear Shifrah, I have been praying for you that God will place His great love in your heart, so, that you will know for your own self that God is Love and that every one who is born of God is born of Love!!! Amen and Amen

It is one of the most wonderful feelings in this world!!! I remember well the day of my Salvation and no one but Jesus Christ and me knows how I felt on that day and how great that love and joy was that He placed inside my soul!!!

Not a single person in this world can tell me otherwise, since, I experienced it for my own self...Amen and Amen..

I praise God for that great Love, joy and peace that He placed inside my soul!!! I will never cease to thank Him as long as I live on this planet!!!

He saved a "wretch" like me and that was the happiest day of my life!!!

Like I said earlier, I cannot remember my natural birth and I cannot forget my Spiritual birth...Thanks Be to the One who died upon that old rugged cross!!!

Have a beautiful day filled with much sunshine, joy and laughter...Love in Christ Jesus!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”