I Am Moving on with My Life!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Hello again G-man.... I appreciate you trying to help me! I guess I should post this in technical problems but when I click on reply or invite to private message I get no response. The only thing I can do is quick reply. This has happened recently so I'm wondering if it has something to do with new virus protection my husband installed. Thanks again for trying!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 am

Hi can't dance,

I hope you haven't lost any sleep over this. Maybe a call into the StressCenter.com may be of help.

PM's aren't really any different than posting to a subject on the regular forum. Try this one more time; write me a private message, click inside the message window. Then right click and select "select all" then right click in the message box again and select "copy." Then post your message, but wait for the message to actually be sent, no matter how long it takes. If it comes back as a blank window, right click in the message box and select paste. You should see the same message you copied. Then click send or post now. If it does go, the problem could have been that the message window timed out, when you were ready to send, and when you clicked on the post now button, it comes back as a lost posting.

I don't really think the Anti-virus software has anything to do with what you are experiencing. Give the above a try, and see if that resolves it; if it doesn't then call and see if someone at the StressCenter.com can help you.

Take care and God bless you!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 am

Hi all and Ms. T Bones!

I do believe that Ms. Tbones is reading the messages, when she has or makes time to do so. I wanted to share today's blue letter Bible devotional promise:
Today's Promise from the Bible
2 Timothy 2:19
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Reflection

Never fear while trial and hardship assail you, for there is a strength on your side. Neither lose courage nor hope as the curse upon life draws its noose tighter upon you, for there is a river of life that overflows on your account. Fear not. Worry not. Fret not. For the Lord knows all those who are His. He will keep His children from the force of His wrath and ever will He protect them from their enemy, Satan. He will be faithful to tend their needs and salve their wounds. We who believe and have departed the way of iniquity are secured in the mercy, peace, and fatherly love that abounds in His family.

For more Bible promises devotionals please click here:

http://promises.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm?doy=60

Take heart and courage little ones, Jesus has overcome the world! Praise Jesus! Thank You Lord!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:59 am

Good morning again all,

I can't help it. I had to share this beautiful poem, that I found on this poem sight.

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem...y-faithfulness-lord/

This is one of 31 poems that John Wesley wrote, read aloud and hear the beauty of these words.
Hymn V: Thy Faithfulness, Lord

Thy faithfulness, Lord, Each moment we find,
So true to thy word, So loving and kind!
Thy mercy so tender To all the lost race,
The vilest offender May turn and find grace.

The mercy I feel To others I show,
I set to my seal That Jesus is true:
Ye all may find favour Who come at his call,
O come to my Saviour, His grace is for all!

To save what was lost, from heaven he came;
Come, sinners, and trust In Jesus's name.
He offers you pardon; He bids you be free;
"If sin be your burden, O come unto me!"

O let me commend My Saviour to you,
The publican's friend And Advocate too,
For you he is pleading His merits and death,
With God interceding for sinners beneath.

Then let us submit His grace to receive,
Fall down at his feet And gladly believe:
We all are forgiven For Jesus's sake:
Our title to heaven His merits we take.

John Wesley

May all receive the blessing we often feel we are undeserved of.

May all have a blessed day filled with the joy of the Lord!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 am

You may be a little drama queen Ms. T Bones, but I'm glad you're back! LOL ;)

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:18 am

I know Ms. T Bones. Just teasing. :)

you had valid reasons to leave! But I'm glad you're here where you belong, helping others!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:45 am

Hi Ms. T Bones,

I can relate to what you are saying. I also understand that journaling can be very rewarding and I have always wanted to do it, but I have never developed a habit to do so. I made some attempts in the past and I even have a couple of books on the subject, not to mention some empty journals just sitting around waiting to be used. :)

I remember quite a few years ago a friend had shared with me how journaling helped her to organize her thoughts. She said it helped her to figure out what was going on with herself when things were bothering her or to even understand what was bothering her when she couldn’t put her finger on it. It seemed to alleviate any possible stress at the end of a day also.

Every time I hear someone mention journaling I get somewhat inspired to do it myself. Maybe journaling can help me figure out why I keep putting off journaling along with a lot of other things. Do I dare use that word “procrastination?”:) I’m thinking of something I read before on a college dormitory door. It said, “The hardest part is getting started. The rest is easy.”

I’m glad to see that you cut your vacation short. Welcome back.
GIL

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”