1 Peter 2

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi Gil,
I know that you were addressing HisGirl in this little posting, but I really needed to hear these things tonight...

I think my faith is being tested, and I pray to God that I can pass this test..

I feel very low down in the valley, and I just pray that God comes to my "rescue" very soon...

I need to hear His soft still voice speaking to my heart...

There is not a doubt in my mind, that you have a very "unique" gift of writing, uplifting and encouraging others, and I thank God that you are my brother...

I pray that our little sister (((((((HisGirl)))))) reads these things tonight, since they are so helpful...

Have a great night sheltered beneath the wings of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ....

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi Ms.T Bones,

When you said, "I feel very low down in the valley, and I just pray that God comes to my "rescue" very soon...," it reminded me of the song that you had shared before.... "The God of the mountain is still the God of the valley." In the truest sense God doesn't have to come and rescue you if He never left you. This is now making me think of the poem, "Footprints in the Sand." http://www.footprints-inthe-sa...p?page=Poem/Poem.php

I have been rejoicing about the breakthroughs that you have been experiencing.... My prayers have been answered.

Thank-you for your loving kindness toward me and I wish you a pleasant and peaceful nights rest.

God bless!
GIL

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Gil,
I thank you soooo very much for that beautiful poem...I have heard it many times and it is "sweeter than honey" tonight...

I needed to see those words...Thank you sooo much my dear friend and brother in Christ Jesus

I didn't realize that I had been experiencing breakthroughs :? :? :?

I pray you rest well all warm, safe and cuddled beneath the wings of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...God Bless You Gil....Cloie

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Hisgirl
How are you? You haven't posted in a few days
and I hope you are feeling a lil more hopeful.
It's been a quiet Sunday here and not too bead with the weather here in Colorado. Have a good
rest of the week!

Jill~
:)

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Thank you Gil, Ms. T Bones and jillzmind for the encouragement today! It has been a busy day and I just decided to check in before heading to bed tonight. I am so glad I did! I will press on, as I know you all are doing.

God never leaves us when we pass thru deep waters. He is refining us. I know that he is changing some things in my life - down to the core of who I am.

Hope to get to know you all and encourage you on your journeys.

Blessings!
Hisgirl

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Originally posted by HisGirl:
I know that he is changing some things in my life - down to the core of who I am.
Amen!

GIL

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 pm

To jillzmind -

Thanks so much for the song - it has been a long time since I heard that one. It really blessed me.

Hope you are well today.

"Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow"...my favorite line from my favorite hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness."

HisGirl

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:59 pm

GIL,

Thanks for your encouragement. Your writing is a gift from the Lord.

I had another "changing lesson" today. I am in a situation where I have had to take a leave of absence from my job, due to anx/depr. I am really having to lay down my pride and my identity that might be more attached to what I do than who I am.

Painful, but I know he is doing a new thing. I am learning to pray "Thy will, not my will".

Blessings,
HisGirl

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:10 pm

You're welcome Hisgirl. Sometimes music speaks to me more than any words someone can say to me. That song "Hold me Jesus" always just goes right to my core and calms me. It's like I can just whisper "Jehova Shalom be near me"
and I feel his peace , He is there ya know?
Anyway it's an oldie but a goodie for sure!
Take care
Jill~

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi HisGirl,

You mentioned how you thought that your identity might be more attached to what you do rather than who you are. I think we live in a society that can easily set us up to go along with this type of thinking. I read about this recently in a book called, “How People Change.” It said, “Often in our blindness, we take on our problems as identities. While divorce, depression, and single parenthood are significant human experiences, they are not identities. Our work is not our identity, though it is an important part of how God intends us to live. For too many of us, our sense of identity is more rooted in our performance than it is in God’s grace. It is wonderful to be successful at what God has called you to do, but when you use your success to define who you are, you will always have a distorted perspective.”

God bless you as you continue on your journey discovering what God has in store for you.

Have a pleasant evening,
GIL

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”