How To Cast Your Anxieties on the Lord!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Hello Everyone,
Here is the secret to casting all of your anxieties on the Lord!!!

How Do You Cast Your Anxiety on God? Now what does it mean to cast your anxiety on God? How do you do that? Getting Help from the Same Word in Luke 19:35 This word "casting" in verse 7 occurs one other time in the New Testament—in Luke 19:35, in exactly the same form.

It's Palm Sunday and the disciples have been sent to get the donkey for Jesus to ride on. Then verse 35 says, "They brought it to Jesus, and casting their garments on the colt, they set Jesus on it."

So the meaning is simple and straightforward: if you have a garment on and you want an animal to carry it for you, you "cast" the garment on the animal. In this way you don't carry it anymore. It's on the animal not on you. The donkey works for you and lifts your load.

Well, God is willing to carry your anxieties the same way a donkey carries your baggage. One of the greatest things about the God of the Bible is that he commands us to let him work for us before commanding us to work for him.

"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). "Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you" (Psalm 55:22).

"Even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save" (Isaiah 46:4).

"From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides thee, who works for those who wait for him (Isaiah 64:4).

God wants to be a burden bearer because it demonstrates his power and puts him in a class by himself among the so-called gods of the universe.

"No one has seen a God besides thee, who works for those who wait for him." So throw the garments of your anxiety onto him. He wants to carry it.

Practically How Do You Do That?

You do it by trusting the second half of verse 7 very specifically in relation to your specific anxiety. The first half of verse 7 says, " . . . casting all your anxiety on him . . . " and the second half of the verse says, " . . . because he cares for you."

Here is where the rubber meets the road. How do you practically make the anxiety transfer from your back to God's back?

The answer is: trust that he cares for you. Believe this promise. Trust him. It's a matter of practical trust. That promise does not hang in the air. It is connected to a command and the promise is meant to show you how to obey the command. The command is, Cast your anxiety on God. The promise is, God cares for you. That means, he cares about the thing that has you worrying. He wants to be trusted for that.

I pray this helped each and every single one of you to understand how to truly rid ourselves of all of our anxieties!!!

God Bless All of You is My Prayer!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Reposting for those new to the forum!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Worry is a tough habit to break after doing it all my life, but I'm trusting Him more and more everyday.

Thanks Ms. T. Bones !

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi manofmusic,
That is very good news :) :) :)!!! You are right, it is very difficult to disconnect the worry process!!! Trusting in God and just casting it all on Him, sure does help tremendously!!!

We live in a very "stressful" society and are surrounded on all sides by lots of "negativity"...

I have learned to lie in my bed at night and just give all of my concerns to Him, since, He has very big shoulders and He knows exactly how to take care of all the things in our lives, which are troubling us!!!

I have also learned to "count my blessings"...The "art of gratefulness" works wonders for me!!!

Have a wonderful night's rest!!! God Bless you Manofmusic!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks Mrs. T Bones!!

That was beautiful, and so needed right now. I really have to start doing that.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:03 pm

thanks mrs.T Bones, that was beautifuly said. the key word is trust that's what i have a hard time with, i try to rush things and that's what creates my worry

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:20 pm

I am soooo sorry dd :(...Practice is the key!!! Remember to try and slow down and take take to smell the roses!!! Have a great night!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:35 pm

bump!

I needed that verse... desperately. How many of us are crying out right now.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi cuttingirl,
I pray that you had a "Very Merry Christmas" and that you have a "Happy New Year"

I am thankful you enjoyed!!! God Bless!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:53 am

Awesome, Ms. T Bones! Thank you. It helps sooooooo much!

Happy New Year!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”