Scriptures Concerning Faith & Having Prayers Answered!!! Mark 11:20-26

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:26 am

20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 am

Note: Verse 23 says that we shall have whatever we say, if we believe in our heart!!! Thank you Jesus!!! What beautiful promises you have given to each of us!!!

May Every Living Creature Praise You, For You Alone are sooooo worthy of all glory, honor and praise!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:41 am

Hi Ms. T Bones,

Thanks for sharing these verses of Scripture. This brought to mind the idea of cultivating faith. “God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith,” but “faith groweth exceedingly” when cultivated. As we know from the first chapter of John that the Word is Jesus Himself and “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”—Rom. 10:17.

We have this word of faith in Christ that is with us. “Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.”—Rom. 10:6-8.

I’ve heard the idea of cultivating faith put this way before. “Faith is the expecting that the word of God itself will accomplish what that word says; and the depending upon the word only to accomplish what the word says. To cultivate dependence on the word of God, the word only, itself to do what the word says, is to cultivate faith.”

I see a good example of faith being based on “the word only” found in Matt. 8:5-10. “And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.” Notice how the centurion told Jesus to “speak the word only.” The centurion depended on “the word only” to heal his servant. Afterward Jesus said, “Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.”

The word of God is living and powerful and to trust and depend on it as being self-fulfilling is to exercise faith. I believe that learning how to exercise faith is the science of the gospel.

Faith is the victory that overcomes the world.

May the Lord bless all of us by faith.

GIL

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”