Any other wiccans here?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Lady Almalthia

Post by Lady Almalthia » Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 am

Please if you are wanting to change my faith do not. That is why i came to this program because all the therapist tried to make me a christian and I am not. If you are a wiccan or pagan and have had the same trouble or looking for others that too believe in the god and goddess please right me back.

The most beautiful Lotus flower only can grow from the worst mud.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 am

:)i am here and yes , i believe in the God and Goddess. I am very open minded. I am looking at all avenues to get out of this depression.. I even went to a healer that works with oils. And meditation. Welcome

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:40 am

Not a wiccan nor interested but if you are looking for relief you might consider dropping the religion thing and digging for the real thing!

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:29 am

okay im not a wiccan either, but i was just wondering what you meant by dropping the religion thing and searching for the real thing? What do u mean by "the real thing"?

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I have no issues with calling myself a pagan, to describe my religio-spiritual beliefs. I tend to follow the more reconstructionist/how-it-was-done-in-the-olden-days approach. :) I believe in the gods, and the duality of the creator spirit. If you want someone to write/type at, you may PM me.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:25 am

Lady Almalthia,

I was raised Christian but it never felt right, except for the stories of Jesus, who sounded like a real person to me. The rest of it felt like manipulation by religion, and as it turned out, I was abused by more than one church member. I have always been a "tree hugger" and I just learned that the ancient Celts worshipped nature. My father is a retired minister and never allowed me to speak my mind without punishment. I tried to tell him that I felt closer to God when I was outside in nature than in any manmade structure. That got me smacked in the face.

But it didn't change how I feel. Last year I saw a bald eagle from less than 20' away and it looked me square in the eye. I felt touched by the divine then. I'll never forget that moment.
A friend of mine used to say, "There is more than one path to the Buddha," so I came to believe that there were more faces of the divine than the one I had forced down my throat. Can you elaborate on any of that for me? Feel free to send me a private message.
Thanks,
Leslie

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:31 pm

i understand what you mean, my wiccan faith helps me tremendously but it hard to find people who are accepting and non judgmental about it. but yea i belive in the god and godess my deitys are isis and apollo

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 am

Do we really need to go down this path yet again? The original poster simply asked if there were any other Wiccans here to share with. If there are not then why bring up personal views as to why they are wrong and praying to a God that does not exist. There are plenty of Christian posts here to reply to. Why hijack a thread that has a different view, simply to tell them that you feel they are wrong!!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 am

Ms.T bones
that was highly offensives, i believe your faith is incorrect but i'm not going around telling you you believe in a false god
anyways if my wiccan faith helps me with my anxiety i don't no how you have the nerve to attempt to undermine it, it is what i no to be true and you pathetic attempts at conversion are rude and ridiculous
congratulations that the bible helped you but the but it worsened it for me in the 12 years i was Catholic
i hope your proud of yourself

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm

I am a woman of faith that trusts in the saving power of Christ and I'm sure there a tears in Heaven to see this feedback on this website. This kind of thing makes me not want to participate in this part of the program. Let's focus on getting well.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”