Christian Coaching

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
coachchris

Christian Coaching

Post by coachchris » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:07 am

Greetings Everyone:) Can you believe it's November already and the Holy-days are soon approaching. I wanted to reach out and let everyone know that we are here to help you and you're not alone. The season ahead can be difficult for many so if you're in need of connection and support with God in the center of it all please email, pm or call me. stresscoachmattice@gmail.com or 888-480-6785

Prayerfully,
Coach Chris

coachchris

Re: Christian Coaching

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:01 pm

These are some of my favorite scriptures regarding peace, which of course is the opposite of anxiety.

Peace Scriptures

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 119:165
Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 12:2
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation."

Isaiah 26:12
LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

Isaiah 27:5
Or else let them come to me for refuge; let them make peace with me, yes, let them make peace with me."

Isaiah 32:18
My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.

Philippians48

Post by Philippians48 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:09 am

Here are a couple other good ones, with regard to courage and strength (which also are antidotes to anxiety):
"Take courage, I have overcome the world." (Jesus, as quoted in John 16:33)

"I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." (Philippians 4: 13)

In Christ,
Father B.

Dragonfly11

Post by Dragonfly11 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:32 am

Thank you for making me smile on a very difficult night. :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Hey Everyone:)

We are the kind of people who like to over-think and complicate things...even our faith.

I thought this was a good article: Five Ways to Relax with God.

If you find yourself over-thinking and need to talk PM me. Being stuck/confused in our relationship with God can be difficult and draining. We are here to help.

Coach Chris
888-480-6785
bootcamp@stresscenter.com

http://purposedriven.com/blogs/dailyhop ... ntid=14126

FloridaBelle

Post by FloridaBelle » Thu May 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Do Not Worry :D

Matthew 6:26-34 NIV
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more Valuable Than They? Can any one of you by Worrying Add a Single Hour to Your Life?

Philippians 4:6 NIV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. :D

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Happy Wednesday :)
I thought I would share a text message i just sent to someone. The question was, "Do you think because I have anxiety it means I don't trust God?"

My response: "Hmmm, I think we all have areas in our lives that are controlled by fear/anxiety. We need to bring that lie/fear/anxiety to God and allow His truths to bring healing/wholeness/transformation. Reject lies and welcome truth/trust. Many of us have a hard time receiving truth and trusting. Sometimes we think we don't deserve it or we're just different or another negative thought.....this is why taking negatives thoughts quickly is so important and resting in God's love/grace and power is everything."

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”