RX that caused panic disorder and depression

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Jennifier

RX that caused panic disorder and depression

Post by Jennifier » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am

I recently was had an upper respiratory infection where I was put on antibiotics, a cough med, and prednisone. The prednisone after being weened off of it after a week caused me to be depressed and began the start of my panic attacks. My back story is I have had panic attacks since 2006. I began the program and it was very easy for me to get back to myself and the panic attacks pretty much went away until this. I now have been dealing with panic disorder. It wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes, I have been sweating worst than I have ever in my life including being in the sun for hours and I live in Florida and its the middle of the summer. I have been stuck in my house for the last month with the fear of what I will feel like if I leave. I was wondering if anyone else has had any reactions to this medicine or any others that caused panic attacks or anxiety and how if you were able to get rid or help with getting back into the normal things in life. I have been calling off work for the last month because I can't seem to leave here, and I take care of a 92 year old lady that really needs my help. I'm asking for any advise and prayers about my situation. I did break down and I'm on anxiety meds that my doctor prescribed me after me trying natural meds that only helped for about a week and then I became ammunied to it. I have had to take my meds at night before I go to bed because I was told it makes you dizzy and really tired until it is in your system well so as far as me using it at this point for panic attacks its only slightly helping since its been in my system for so long while I'm sleeping. It helps a little but not much and before you say just take it during the day to feel better so no panic attacks I can't. I have a 3 year old and a 12 year old that I have to take care of and as of right now my husband works 7 days a week and day and night on 5 of them. Please any advise and all prayers would be strongly helpful. I'm so tired of feeling like this!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”