God still loves me when i am really bad

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
mmwillie928

God still loves me when i am really bad

Post by mmwillie928 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm

i am on session 2, going through program again.
while listening to the CD today, i had an "aha" moment. i was listening to the conversations on the second half, and something someone said on there brought to light to me that God isn't the one ready to bat us on the head for mistakes. we are, or other people at times. i know when i don't do something i felt i should, or i don't do things exactly the way i would like to have, i feel so upset at myself, like i am a failure. i think i have this same view of God. i mean, why wouldn't he be that way, right? especially when we are taught that He is such a perfect being.
anyway, something someone said in there made me feel like "oh yeah, God doesn't care. He still loves us and I imagine He is looking at us with compassion no matter what we did or are doing. He doesn't want to kick us away from him. I don't need to be so worried about what He thinks of me." im just a human like everyone else, and i'm not aweful like i tend to see myself as.
i hope this concept becomes more real to me.
i have been making some effort to talk to God. Lucinda mentions later that it is important to have a spiritual connection. that is something i haven't taken seriously for quite some time now. i have associated me being close to God with tons of anxiety.

coachchris

Re: God still loves me when i am really bad

Post by coachchris » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi MMW,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. I really enjoyed your post. I found it so important for me to understand that I am loved 'unconditionally' by God. That He is always for me and loves me with a perfect love. This also helps with my 'control' issues as I continue my journey. I am reminded that He is the one 'in-control' and I am safe with Him.

Knowing 'who' we are and 'whose' we are has helped as well.

Thanks for the post. I love your attitude.
Coach Chris

Juststand2

Post by Juststand2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 pm

HI,
I just decided that I was going to do the best I could and trust GOD. I have to believe that GOD will help me and has my best interest in mind. It is hard giving up all of the control, but you have to know that GOD is in control-you are not-so either you trust GOD and keep it moving or keep beating your head against the wall and feeling lost. Juststand2

MarkInNC

Post by MarkInNC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:40 am

Hi all,

In my denomination (Episcopalian), we have a general confession prayed by all of the members as part of the mass preparation. It states, "We confess that we have failed You in thought word and deed by what we have done and by what we have left undone." I find this comforting because it emphasizes that we are all in the same boat one way or another. None of us is perfect; we all fall short of God's best. We then hear our priest proclaim that we are forgiven. To me, God uses these spoken words to remind us that we have a clean slate and begin fresh again. Of course, God can forgive us anytime we humbly ask without all of the ceremony, but sometimes it is difficult us to get that through our thick heads. This comforts and reassures me though.

Mark

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

Hi Mark,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. I am a Christian too. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on forgiveness and God's perfect love for us. I have found that once we can settle the truth that God is always for us and He loves us through all of our growth, we have the peace to move forward. Love lays a foundation for us to build other truths on. We have nothing to fear.

Make it a great day. Private message me if you need anything.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

TashaEzaki

Post by TashaEzaki » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 am

Wow! Very insightful :-) This is something that I have struggled with for some time now, but I am recovering and learning that God loves me no matter what! As I try my best and stumble through this world, I have learned that God gives me the grace to do so and isn't so angry/disappointed with me (as I often am with myself). This program is teaching me to put God's word into action in my own life, by loving myself unconditionally. Thank you for all your wonderful posts! I'm glad to see I am not alone in my journey <3 Blessings of love and peace to you all!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”