Growth Spurt

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
NeverQuit

Growth Spurt

Post by NeverQuit » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:04 pm

I've been going through a minor growth spurt I think, I am college-age and feel like my life has been in transition for the last four years. I am finishing my degree and feel good about my life, but I have slipped back into some bad habits lately, like going to bed really late, negative thoughts, over-reacting, etc. I think it's just because I am going through another change with the fall coming around again, starting a new job, relationships, etc. I've been reverting back to a lot of my self-doubt habits and have second-guessed just about everything in the past week or so. I feel the "sticky tape" OCD feeling in my head a bit. Am also a female so PMS plays a big part in all this. :P

I think a big part of my anxiety as of late is that I haven't had much going on, I am at a temporary lull before classes start, so I've had a lot of free time. When I am not busy, I tend to use my free time for non-productive behaviors, such as worrying or over-analyzing, instead of just enjoying it and relaxing. :?

Anyway, I could use some prayer and encouragement, I just need to muster up some courage to face these fears and do what needs to be done, to trust God and lay it all in His hands. I have such a hard time with that, I want to pick it up again and again. A lot of it is my OCD morality questions, for example, "What if I would (insert scary thought for me)?" "What if I believe (insert scary self-doubt)?" I just need to rest in God and Who He is.

Thanks for any prayers! I know I will probably read this in a few weeks and laugh, but right now I just need some support. :)

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”