Verses I use a lot in Coaching

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
coachchris

Verses I use a lot in Coaching

Post by coachchris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:19 am

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, pay attention to what I say;
turn your ear to my words.
21 Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;
22 for they are life to those who find them
and health to one’s whole body.

valchichiboy

Re: Verses I use a lot in Coaching

Post by valchichiboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Amazing!! Thanks :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Here is some incredible teaching on how to find peace in the midst of anxious thinking/stress. The pastor who is speaking has been on sabbatical because of stress and anxious body symptoms. You'll appreciate his insights. Coach Chris

http://www.somatacoma.org/teaching-audi ... he-trinity

tinagirl81

Post by tinagirl81 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I am a Christian and am SO super comforted by the fact that the very 1st forum I started to read contained Scripture, which is so dear to my sensitive heart. God bless you, coachchris!!

I was actually a little "worried" about whether or not I should re-pursue this program because of my prudent nature with regards to self-help. You see I used to practice New Age stuff until I received Christ and have since made a commitment to honor God with the things I pursue going forward. That being said I have been hesitant as to whether or not I should do this and if I would be going through this program in my own strength. But your post was immensely reassuring to me that I am in the right place :D
-Martina

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi Martina,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on persevering with the program. Taking thoughts captive and learning to think on truth takes patient practice. Be kind to yourself and remember to drink lots of water, minimize sugar and include moderate exercise.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you need anything at all. :D
coachchris@stresscenter.com

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”