Christian Scripture Quotes for Times of Difficulty

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
mosaic1989

Christian Scripture Quotes for Times of Difficulty

Post by mosaic1989 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you that are weary and carrying heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Psalms-- 55:22
Cast your burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Isaiah 40:31

But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Jeremiah 29:11

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for your harm, to give you a future and a hope.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not let them be afraid.

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

These have been good quotes for me to meditate on when I feel like I am struggling. Hope this helps someone. Maybe others can add ones that have helped them over a difficult time. Take care

mosaic1989

Re: Christian Scripture Quotes for Times of Difficulty

Post by mosaic1989 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:23 am

Not scripture but a good quote from Upper Room Ministries that I get by email.

This MY GOD is Love;
My God is Love,
Tender and deep;
I feel His close, sweet presence
Looking down to see
The beggar-baby
Lying in my arms asleep.

- Living Out Christ’s Love

From page 77 of Living Out Christ’s Love: Selected Writings of Toyohiko Kagawa in The Upper Room Spiritual Classics, Series 2, edited by Keith Beasley-Topliffe. Copyright © 1998 by Upper Room Books. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks for sharing. I really needed to hear something like that right now. I didnt have a very good morning but Im doing better now. Thanks again :)

mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:57 pm

These have helped me a lot I have compiled a list over the years, of scripture that make me feel better. I found sometimes when we are searching for something in the Bible it's hard to find so if I find something that touches me I try to write it down or highlight it. Hope you are feeling better, I come back to these all the time. Take care. :D

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Thank you so much for posting these. It's really helping to remind me that God is here for me always.. :]

Remaerdgrl

Post by Remaerdgrl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:56 am

One of my favorite verses lately is this...

Psalms 23: 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

I love this because God is basically saying that when there is a storm around you and you feel like your enimies are too many, I have prepared a table for you to feast in. All we have to do is turn our eyes to Jesus and feast with Him. The battle has been won, all we have to do is eat!! Ha, I love it!! Most of the time the battle is against ourselves and we make the enemy bigger then he deserves to be. Just saying, what we focus on becomes our reality. I want my reality to be the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom of Righteousness, peace and Joy!
Also I found praying Psalms 91 and Ephesians 6 over my household and myself is very powerful.

mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 am

From The Upper Room Devotions
Breath Prayer for Fear
Posted: 23 Feb 2012 10:01 PM PST
Today’s Reflection
When fear invades,
pervades,
paralyzes,
I remember Jesus’ love
and breathe a prayer.
I do not have to wait for courage;
courage is not a feeling,
but a response to Spirit.
I breathe out,
relinquish fear,
anxiety,
thank God for presence.
I breathe in,
receive peace,
and power in Spirit
to speak,
to move, to act,
to decide,
and to be courageous.
- Roberta Porter

mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:08 am

You need to look at yourself thought God's eyes of love to understand what it means to be one of his children. No matter what your age, you need to learn the facts of love. The most important fact is that God is love. The more you know about God’s love, the better you understand what God is like. Here is a list of some of the things the Bible says about love:
1. Love is patient.
2. Love is kind.
3. Love is not quick to take offence.
4. Love keeps no score of wrongs.
5. There is nothing love cannot face.
6. Love never fails.

This came from http://www.zerotolerancetonegativethinking.com/

I always saw this scripture as a way we are to love others, which is true but first we have to realize that this is exactly how God loves us. :D

DolphinG

Post by DolphinG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:33 pm

love this posting
this is how our lord works in his own way to get to us and send us these messages .
the post date was on dec 27 it happens to be my birthday ,
some would say coinsidence?? NOT ME, its a sign that he is with me and with all of you that trust and beleive in him all the time.
DOLPHIN G :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:08 pm

“Surrender your heart to God, turn to him in prayer, and give up your sins— even those you do in secret. Then you won’t be ashamed; you will be confident and fearless. Your troubles will go away like water beneath a bridge, and your darkest night will be brighter than noon. You will rest safe and secure, filled with hope and emptied of worry.” (Job 11:13-18 CEV)

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”