Re-finding God?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
LyndaLu

Re: Re-finding God?

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:16 am

perspectivegirl wrote:I don't know why, but I've been feeling this pull back to praying and to God for some reason. I'm thinking about going to church again and see what it's like again. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
I am experiencing this exact same thing. I have been thinking about going back to church again to see what it is like.
I am working on the program for the second time now and I am finishing up Session Seven ( I have many more
Sessions to go ! ). I have recently been thinking a lot about God. I just finished reading the book The 7 Wonders
That Will Change Your Life. I was raised Lutheran but I have not been going to church for a long while now.
I have looked up churches in my area where I live and I have found a Lutheran church just a mile down the road
that seems like it MAY be a match for me. I am going to try to go to Sunday services this Sunday.
Wish me luck, I hope I find what I am looking for there. :)
Lynda Lu

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 am

I agree, going to a bible study group would probably be the best way to go.
I am going to try looking into this myself.
Stay Strong :)
Lynda

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:49 am

Even though this is a old post, thought I'd reply as I think a lot of people experience this at some time in their lives. I too am Roman Catholic, although I don't think it matters whether you are Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, etc. It can happen to anyone. I also experienced a falling away from God and religion when I was in college. Maybe there is something about that time period in our lives when we are first out on our own, away from the influence of our parents and it is up to us to attend church and put our faith into action on our own. I fell away for MANY years and it has only been within the past few years that I've felt that pull and need to reconnect to God. I agree that God doesn't leave us, we leave him and He is always there waiting for us to return. Sometimes it takes longer and things have to get bad for us to turn around. That was the case with me. After I had hit a very low depressed bottom and I didn't think things could get much worse, that is when I started to look again. It hasn't been easy and I'm still not where I'd like to be as I haven't found a church I feel comfortable with, but I believe that God will eventually show me where I belong.
Best wishes to those in the same spot. Keep searching, He is there with you.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Dixiesmom

Thank you for sharing with us.
Stay Strong and God Bless.
Lynda :)

Johnso1958

OPEN YOUR EYES AND YOU WILL FIND

Post by Johnso1958 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:19 pm

I have come to the conclusion that religion is man made. God does not have to be a person or in a book i.e the Bible.. Look to the sky and oceans, look to nature and the miracle of the human body. these are spiritual and godley all in itself. For me , I believe the answer to spirituality is right before us, so uncomplicated and for all to witness.

Honeybee7

Post by Honeybee7 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:04 pm

One thing that helps me is a verse from a song, "I can't live by what I feel but by the truth Your word reveals". And His word says He will never leave us, that He loves us, that he cares for the birds of the air and even more about us, that He hears us and that has great plans for us.

A song I like is Blessings by Laura's story, you can find it on you tube and listen for free.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”