Pregnant and scared.

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
I love JPC

Pregnant and scared.

Post by I love JPC » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:01 pm

I am struggling with anxiety while being pregnant. It's our first child so it's a big respobsibility and I'm scared all the time. I fear that this anxiety will debiliate me and make it so I can't take care of my kid when it's born. Please pray for me.

Paisleegreen

Re: Pregnant and scared.

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:58 pm

JPC- Prayers sent... :) Are you able to talk to you Dr about your anxiety? Please try not to worry...you'll have the strength to take care of your baby. Babies keep you so busy that you won't have time to think about other things. Just focus on eating right and getting the right kind of exercise and vitamins. It isn't unusual to be anxious about bringing into the world a new life. Things will get better. paislee :mrgreen:

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Don't worry and keep praying. Also, don't take any anxiety medications because most of them can cause birth defects.

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am

Hey there!
There's a song by a Christian band called "Tenth Avenue North." The song's called, "Strong Enough to Save." One line in the song is, "you don't have to be afraid, 'cause fear is just a lie, open up your eyes." It's a really great song about God's provision in our time of need. :) I love the line, "fear is just a lie," it's SO true. Don't believe the lies that "what if I can't handle this," "I am not strong enough," "what if I fail to be a perfect mom," etc. These are all lies and faulty expectations. Keep doing the program!! I think underlying some of this is probably expectations that you have for yourself that are not realistic. God's got you, don't worry!
Praying for you!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”