Catholicism and Sex

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 am

If this helps, I believe that rushing into physical intimacy before really getting to know someone will many times ruin a relationship.

I also believe that may have a hand in the divorce rate - not saying across the board but as a general rule, couples who fall in love through lust and then get to know each other later on tend to have a rougher time with marriage.

Marriages that form under agape love, with both parties entering into an agreement with God tend to take the marriage a lot more seriously.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Next month I'll be married 19 years.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:53 am

Shif,

I couldn't agree more!

I also believe that our society has just made divorce so "normal", that noone thinks anything of it. Marriage is a SACRED bond between two people, that should be taken very seriously. I KNOW I did not enter my marriage this way. I had HUGE concerns about my ex even going into my marriage, but remember thinking that if it didn't work out, well, we would just get a divorce! I knew I should have paid more attention to that RED FLAG!

John

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:45 pm

John,

You're right! You gotta notice and address those red flags. And there's always a sign when something is not right. That's why I'm not married right now! There's way too many red flags in my relationship.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:41 pm

You have made a great decision. The world needs more people like you Crave.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”