Peace

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
GIL

Peace

Post by GIL » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Greetings everyone,

"A contest was held and a prize offered to the painter who could best depict on canvas the feeling of peace. As expected, dozens of artists submitted beautiful rural scenes painted in soft pastel tones. To everyone's surprise, however, the winning artist used bold, dark strokes to portray a violent storm with a fierce wind, driving rain, and jagged lightning. Lines converged on a cleft in an enormous rock where-protected from the elements and completely undisturbed-perched a bright, irrepressible bird.

Isn't that the peace we need? In threatening times like these, what good is a peace that demands a controlled environment? We need a peace of heart and mind to see us through the storm when our environment goes berserk. It can't be the false peace that comes from ignoring or denying the existence of trouble. We need a strong peace that enables us to look trouble in the face and embrace life with confidence, strength, and joy."--Amazing Peace, by George Foster.

God may not always put a stop to the storms in our life, but He is there with us just the same. He will never leave or forsake those who put their trust in Him. "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid... for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."--Deut. 31:6.

Jesus tells us, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."--John 14:27. "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."--Phil-4:7.

I believe that Jesus and His peace is the solution to having a healthy state of mind and therefore has an impact on the way we think and how we let this world affect us. It’s not about anything apart from God or God plus something else. It’s about God and God alone. Ahhh...a song comes to mind: :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGSCDBCWuc

Have a blessed and peaceful day with our Saviour and Lord.

GIL

LyndaLu

Re: Peace

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm

This is just what I am looking for..........peace of heart and mind.
Thank you for your inspiring post.
Lynda :?

GIL

Post by GIL » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,

I came across a song that goes with the topic of peace. I am not promoting any singers or music style, I just thought this was a pretty good rendition of the song "Til The Storm Passes By." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnjAWe2FyrM

Have a blessed and peaceful day trusting in the Lord.

GIL

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Thank you. :)
Lynda

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”