The Key to Perfect Peace Through Prayer!!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have learned when going through a very painful experience, and you have found yourself slipping back into your old pattern of "obsessing" that the very best thing you could possibly do for yourself and others is just "pray"...

When you pray, make sure you let all your requests be known unto the Lord. Then just trust Him to take care of all your troubles, cares, pain, hurts, and fears. Leave them all at his precious feet. Walk away, they no longer belong to you...They belong to God...

Now, you need to fully "accept" His blessings into your life. For example...If you find yourself hurting or worrying over a loved one, just pray for that person, as, well as, for yourself, that God will give you strength.

Know that God has heard your prayer, trust Him to take excellent care of the situation.

Fully accept that God has heard your prayer, and open up your mind and heart to receive His blessings.

Be patient...Do Not become discouraged when things do not happen in your time. God is faithful. He has not forsaken you!!! He will answer your prayer...Wait on Him!!!

Have faith...It does not matter how bad things appear to you. God is in control. He will take that situation, and turn it around for your very own best...

Look straight to Jesus, and forget about how troublesome the waters may appear to you at the moment. Remember, Jesus walked on the water.

Forget about the troublesome waters...pay them no mind...Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and step out of that boat...watch as He stretches out His nailed scarred hand to you!!!

In more literal terms, forget about the troubles in your life, keep your eyes fixated on Jesus...He is the One who calms the raging seas (the troubles in your life)..

This is the best way ever to find that "perfect peace" which surpasses all understanding!!!

I have tried it more than once, and believe me, it does work!!!

If this just helps one person on this forum, then, it was well worth me typing all of this out!!!!

"Perfect Peace casts out all fear"
"He will keep in perfect peace all those who
trust in Him"

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:33 pm

I need to make an amendment to the above posting..."Perfect Love Casts Out All Fear"

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 am

Hi T-sis and all others,

Thank you so much for all of these wonderful thoughts and the study and time it took you to put into these very thoughtful notes.

As I read, with a great deal of interest, I couldn’t help thinking of that “…mustard seed faith…” that I love to think about so much. I was encouraged by your post to continue studying and as I did, I pulled up the following reading, at Luke 17: 3-9, the transfiguration of Jesus. Here we have Jesus, taking Peter, James and John up on the mountain to pray. After some time of prayer Moses and Elias appear along with Jesus talking. Peter gets excited and suggests that they build 3 tabernacles. Suddenly, a cloud rolls in and the voice of God speaks and says: “…Behold, this is my beloved Son,…in whom I am well pleased…” They, Peter, James and John, were stricken with fear, Jesus walks over to them, touches them and tells them <span class="ev_code_red">“…be not afraid…”</span> As they look up, the other two, Moses and Elias, had disappeared, and only Jesus stood there. Let that sink in, it is a clear statement of who Jesus is. Don’t be troubled, and make no mistake about it, and stop reasoning with your own little mind. It is Jesus that we are to worship. You can forget about the past, and who or what you think is or was; the issue of, who Jesus is a done deal!

My study continued and took me to: Mat. 17:20 to get to that "…mustard seed faith…” This is truly an expression of frustration because his disciples had seen many clear indications of who He is and the many works of miracles, including the transfiguration noted above, and many other great works of wonder that had transpired. Nevertheless, His chosen disciples seemed to lack even the faith of a grain of a seed of a mustard seed. Jesus likens the abilities of that amount of faith to be able to move mountains… and that nothing would be impossible to those with at least that amount of faith.

I love the account of the 5 loaves and 2 fishes found at Mat 14: 16-18. He suggests that the crowds be fed, and His disciples say “…but all we have is 5 loaves and 2 fishes…” Jesus says, and I use this expression,<span class="ev_code_red"> “gimme what you got.” </span> It’s as if to say, don’t worry of how little faith you have, just give me even the little you got, I’ll take care of the rest. What do we have to have to do? Have Faith!!!

What was Peter walking by?

• If you continue in your reading of, Mat. 14: 25 has Jesus walking on the turbulent waters or sea.
• At verse 26, the disciples cry out of fear.
• At verse 27 Jesus reassures them and tells them to be of good cheer and <span class="ev_code_red">“…be not afraid…”</span>
• At 28, Peter challenges Jesus to call him (Peter) ”…come onto the water…”
• At 29, Jesus said: come. Peter did come and did walk on the water to go with Jesus.
• At 30, Peter’s fear of the wind and due to fear; <span class="ev_code_red">“he beginning to sink… and he cried out Lord save me…”</span> Ask yourself: How does one begin to sink? Something was ebbing.
• At 31, Jesus stretches forth His hand and catches Peter saying<span class="ev_code_red">”…O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt...”</span>
• At 32, When they entered the ship: ”…the wind ceased…”
• At 33, The disciples on the ship came to Jesus and Peter saying: ”…Of a truth, thou art the Son of God…”

As we all say; faith is what Peter and we all walk by, but the reality is that none of us is any different than the disciples in the same boat. We show a lack of faith or an ebbing of faith, as Peter did, when he became fearful. So we know that a real fear is something that can steal or cause a loss of faith.

Some say show me, and I will have more faith. Wrong! If you have to see it; it is not faith! We all have hope; but it faith that spurs on our hope. Without faith, we have nothing. Faith in the belief that we can do all things in Jesus’ power and might, feeds all of the other important things about our belief in the Grace, Mercy and Love.

Let us pray everyday brothers and sisters, that our faith be increased. Let’s pray for forgiveness of our fleshly weakness, and that we may grow stronger in faith, hope and love of our Lord Christ Jesus, and that His mercy and grace abound in our lives each and every day. Amen!
Last edited by Gman5256 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

jcat

Post by jcat » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 am

GMAN,

Glad to see you are still encouraging others. God is really using you.
In God's love, jcat

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Jcat and others,

Thank you for your comments. Least anyone get the wrong idea of any message that I may post here. I would just like to say that Christians are no different than anyone else; with an exception; we know there is more to this life and what comes after. We have our assurance of eternal life granted to us by the mercy, love and grace of our Father through the blood sacrifice of His only begotten son: Jesus.

Does it mean that we are as perfect as Jesus? No!
Does it mean we will not face trials and tribulation? Of course not!
Does it mean that our faith is sufficient to overcome anything? No!
It does mean we have; an awareness that we can overcome all things through our faith in Jesus. But even then, we are still in the flesh, and our faith stumbles or begins to sink just like Peter or like the other disciples. It happens! We all too often, find ourselves in the same boat as the disciples. Try not to worry; it is not about our appearances or what we do; but what Jesus has done for all of us.

Let’s try to learn from our teacher, in the example given above: How was Peter able to walk on the water? Did he do it on his own? No, he asked Jesus to call him out onto the water, and then he kept his eyes on Jesus. As long as He kept His eyes on Jesus, he was okay. It was when he took his eyes off Jesus, and began reasoning in his own mind that fear set in, and he began to take his eyes off Jesus that Peter began to sink. Is this to say we should be this way? No, it is to say that we are striving to be this way! We are not perfect, and we often forget to keep our eyes on Jesus. It takes time, practice and discipline.

On April 29, I wrote a forum post on dialog, it's a 2 way street. It seems odd to me that I would have titled it that since it got no replies. No one seemed encouraged by the message of putting on Christ. Nor did it seem anyone wanted to discuss this any further. The whole point of that article has nothing to do with my opinion or knowledge, it is no more than any other observation I study and share, not for any good thing that I am or ever will be. I am fully aware that the only good thing in me is Jesus; and I must remember and strive; everyday to remind ourselves to go through a conscientious effort of our own, to put on Jesus. Amen!

I think this is how these apparently different thoughts; putting on Jesus and Faith tie together to our source and a help in our daily Christian walk. The really great thing is; that when we fall short and develop a fear over a situation, we have the love, mercy and grace of Jesus to help get us up and back on our feet. Look at Him, Jesus himself, slips and shows some of our human flaws, by His very words, He shows frustration with us (his disciples) but he never stops showing us His patience, mercy, love and compassion. He fully understands the shortcomings of our being in the flesh. He walked where we walk, and he is quick to forgive any of our short comings. Isn't that wonderfully beautiful? Indeed what a great and mighty God we serve! Alleluia! Amen!!!

A dear friend of mind shared this wonderful study that our friend conducted on some of the things covered here over the last several days. It seems appropriate to me, and I think many will find it encouraging. Here is the link: The article is called Arise and eat, but the thoughts I wish to share specifically dealing with the matters covered above are called: It was one of those days.

All for his praise and glory and the joy it gives Him!!!
Last edited by Gman5256 on Fri May 08, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gman9259

Post by Guest » Sat May 02, 2009 6:21 pm

G-man-bub...I haven't been on the internet for a few days, so, I missed reading your postings...Sorry!!!

I have been really busy around here...My son is going through a tough time, and I have been spending a lot of time trying to be there for him, and help him in any that I can...Not counting, cleaning his home, plus my own!!!
So, you could say, that I have barely had time to think...LOL...

I really enjoyed this posting, as well as the readings, and the other posting!!!

I believe that the reason "us" Christians have such a difficult time is because of our adversary "Satan"....

I believe that we have been bought with a great price...Jesus's Own Precious Blood, and that Satan is soooo angry because we do not belong to him; therefore, he is seeking to tear us down in any manner whatsoever he can!!!

I, also, believe that there is a "Spiritual" warfare going on, since, we now belong to the Lord.

I believe that we have a body and a soul. I believe that our soul was "perfected" the moment we got saved. I believe that our body
"flesh" will never be perfect as long as we live in this world. I think that only when we are resurrected will we have that "perfect" body just like our "perfect" soul. Then, and only then, will our fleshly body be sin free!!!

I, also, believe that while we still live in our "flesh" that we will always have trouble, since, there is a continual warfare going on between our body and a soul. We strive to be perfect, because in our hearts we want to follow after the Holy Spirit and do things which are pleasing to Jesus. We do not want to grieve the Holy Spirit!!!

I, also, think that our flesh wants to do what it has always done. So, now, as Christians, we try to keep our flesh under subjection to the Holy Spirit which lives inside our souls!!! Henceforth, cometh our daily battle...The warfare between our body and soul. No wander the Scripture says, "I die daily"....

I do believe in following the leading of the Holy Spirit, but, I do know that not a single one of us will ever be perfect as long as we live on this earth!!!!

I, also, believe that just because we are Christians and are no longer under the law, that fact, does not give us a license to sin!!!

I believe that Jesus's Grace is sufficient for His children, and that love covers a multitude of sins!!! I know Jesus will never leave or forsake me, and I can not leave Him, even if I wanted to (which I don't) because His Sweet Holy Spirit lives inside my soul!!!

I believe that is rains on the just and unjust alike...I am not talking about a natural rain, but, the type of rain where problems come to each and every one of us, despite the fact, we are "born again" believers....

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the thread you have posted above, as well as, the extra readings, and the other post!!!

I, 100% agree with you on each and every one of these things!!!! I think that it is "Awesome" for you to post threads, which are soooo "insightful" and inspirational!!!!!

Thanks again...I truly love these postings, and I plan on reading them again!!!!

Gotta run...God Bless...Sis

Paul R.

Post by Paul R. » Sat May 02, 2009 6:36 pm

BTW...I strongly believe that one moment you can be at the very top of the mountain, and the next very low in the valley.

I think these valleys work very well to make us more humble, as well as, many other reasons.

We become much stronger when we have been in a valley and gotten back on the mountain-top. We, also, have much more faith. We can look back and see what Jesus helped us get through, and give Him all the glory, honor, and praise...For He is Worthy!!!!

There are sooo many reasons for these valleys, but, I am really sleepy, right now. I need some "shut eye"...LOL..Talk to you all later...God Bless!!!!

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi T-sis,

Praise be to our Lord. Alleluia, Amen!!! I just posted a response to another sister that is having bad thoughts. Friday I was being convicted, because of all the poems I had written, I had yet to write one that expresses or captures my testimony of deliverance.

For nearly a week now, I had been reading Psalm 107, what a wonderful expression of how God delivers us. On Friday night, just before prayer meeting, I was moved by the Holy Spirit to write such a poem with less than 1 hour to write it, and I did write it and got to prayer meeting on time without a moment to spare. I'll share it with you later, as soon as I post it up on my server.

Yesterday, I was talking to my dearest friend in the Lord. He and his wife have been going through the hardest of times, and I have been praying for them, among so many of our dear brothers and sisters in the Lord. As we were chatting, we talked about this mountain top experience and apparently contrasting valleys. I could not help share that wonderful post of Connors to Jim 74 on shattered faith.

As I threaded both stories of flying on eagles wings, up higher than the mountain tops. I could help but make note of the life of eagles. Eagles nest near mountain tops and that is where their security and safety rests. However, when they hunger or thirst, they have to come down toward the rivers valley, where food and drink are. AHA! Another little fact, is that eagles soar higher and lower based on the wind currents, and air temperature. The hotter the heat of the day, the higher they soar, the cooler the day; the lower they go. Opps, There He is; talking to us through nature again. :D

I then tied the story that Connor shared of the 3 valleys, and the Valley of Baca (tears), but look and see; there in those valley's is the lilies of the valley. Oh praise Him! What beautiful thoughts. Alleluia!

Love is kind, love is patient... (1 Cor. 13:1-8) I pray that the Lord increase my love, for I have been convicted of not showing folks as much love as I should while trying to help them. This seems to be the weakest part of my walk. I study, and I am very strong in His word, maybe not as strong as others, but my love for the Lord may seem hollow to others here, by my apparent weakness in showing more love to those I try to minister to. Ministering unto the Lord and showing Him obedience and love is so easy by comparison.

I guess it is the hardness of the ground that I came up from that makes my love and sensitivity toward others seem odd to many. Perhaps, if I could just focus all the more on Jesus as I minister to folks, the light of His love could shine a bit more. So please pray for me in that regard. It means so much more to me, if I could be the vessel that shines His light through more brightly. It is not about pride or arrogance, but about how grateful, I am for what He has done for me. I have to say that, least some unbelievers here judge me for some unseemly reason. I don't want to seem cold, callous or indifferent. I just get so on fire when I see so many people suffering so much so that they can not see that the Lord is right there beside them.

If they would just even touch the Bible to begin looking for God's word to help them, they would begin to see the answer has been right there beside them all along. I think you understand what I mean. You have such a pure heart. God bless you little sister.

BTW, I hope you ordered the booklet on "Peace of Mind." I got my copy yesterday, and began reading it. It is so good. They normally sell that booklet for $2. I can tell you it is worth a million times the cost of receiving it. In fact, you can not place a price on the value of the blessings you will receive from those readings. I look forward to reading your other posts.

I apologize if it seems that I am not responding as it seemed I used to, but my ministry is moving in a more personal way of touching and spreading the word of God's Love for us. I still care a great deal for many here struggling to find that peace of mind that seems so elusive. My heart is moved with pity and empathy for all of them, and in many cases rather than post something, I lift them up in prayer and hand there cares and worries over to the Lord, as my own poor physical health has been hampered by my own previous direct involvement in this forum.

I wish you a blessed day, full of peace and joy even in the midst of all storms and turmoil you may face.

Gman9259

Post by Guest » Mon May 04, 2009 4:13 pm

G-man-bub...I absolutely loved this posting!!!!
I had never given the eagles much thought, until now...LOL..

You are absolutely right...God does use nature to teach us things!!!!

I will re-read this and study more on it!!!

I haven't had time to get on here very much, and I find so many people need answers, so, I try to help them in any way that I can!!!

Again...I really love this posting!!!! It is definitely food for thought!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to type all of this out, and give me something to ponder upon!!!!

May God Richly Bless You!!!! Sis...

Post by Guest » Mon May 04, 2009 4:14 pm

BTW..I will remember you in my prayers!!!! God Bless!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”