in NEED of some prayer...

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
tbabystroup

in NEED of some prayer...

Post by tbabystroup » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:50 pm

long story short...anxiety and panic attacks caused me to drop my on-campus classes and take all online ones for the last 2 semesters, but now i HAVE to return to campus... i have been working with this program for about 8 weeks now, and have seen drastic improvements with my agoraphobia as far as going shopping and the like, but now i have to face being "trapped" in a classroom for several hours at a time again and i would really appreciate any prayers!!!!!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

HelpingHands

Re: in NEED of some prayer...

Post by HelpingHands » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:47 pm

I am so proud of you!! YOU ROCK!! two semesters of online classes complete? Lets first take a second for KUDOS!! :D Some of us have been to the point of not wanting to get out of bed, let alone two full semesters of school! The classroom is a place to learn, just like your program. It is a safe place to feed your mind with a ton of exciting new things. These will all help you in your journey to battling the anxiety. Think of a classroom as a place to absorb as much as possible (although I know they can be boring sometimes. *yawn*) it is NOT a scary place. You are not "trapped". You are never trapped anywhere except your mind. You are doing so awesome, don't stop now! I cannot wait to read your post about how you made it through and got your degree. Then we will all read your posts on any anxiety that might be associated with an INTERVIEW!! You are on your way! Continue to look at the bigger picture. Try not to focus so much on what might happen, and more on what will. We are rooting for you!! ;)

Kathie C.

Post by Kathie C. » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Great reply from the above! I would add a quote from A Course in Miracles: "Truth lies only in the present, and you will find it if you seek it there." Have found that forcing my mind to concentrate on the here and now and what i'm accomplishing, really helps. You can do it!
Kathie

tbabystroup

Post by tbabystroup » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 pm

thank you both for your encouraging replies!!

i have made it through 2 days of class!! i actually wrote my possitive thoughts about my anxiety on a piece of paper and stuck it to my folder before i headed to class.. and i looked at it a lot!! the first day i had to tiptoe out of the back row and go for a short walk outside to regroup myself, but i made myself go back! today was still a struggle but i managed to stay in my spot for the whole class :)
summer classes are turning out to be good and BAD for me. good in that they only last for 3 weeks then a week off and another 3 week class, so when i start to feel stressed i can tell myself that i only have to make it through a few more classes! BAD in that 3 week classes mean lots of work and lots of tests!!!
i refuse to let this anxiety get the better of me... i may be miserable in class but i know if i keep working on it, it will get better!!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

PB2704

Post by PB2704 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 am

You will certainly be in my prayers... I will have to return to something in about 3 weeks and have to deal with a lot of anxiety around it... I have decided to find somehing to reward myself with and am thinking of what I would like that is reasonable and would really make me happy, comfortable, pleased - anything positive. So when I read your post I thought - "hey, how can you reward yourself? You're doing some hard stuff..." I couldnt figure out how to get a smilie in here but thought the lightbulb one would be good -- maybe if you think about doing something nice for yourself a lightbulb will go off maybe out of the blue and let you know what you'd like to have... Just some little thing... For me it might be looking through my grandma's cookbook and planning making one of her cakes... you know the whole "what do I have already and what do I need to get from the store so I can put it on the grocery list..." This is activity that gives my brain something to think about besides having these conversations with other people in my head all the time... I haven't figured out how to replace those with positive thoughts yet but need to figure out how... Getting on here makes me stop and think a little. I a rambling but it is therapeutic for me and hopefully you will want to reward yourself some kind of way. You deserve it... Those of us in A/D land never seem to realize that we have made positive steps ... when we are really doing a lot more than we give ourselves credit for. Prayers for blessings for you!!! :0}

alive.but.not.living

Post by alive.but.not.living » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Crying... It just took me about 1hour and 45mins putting myself out there and explaining what I'm going through and then I press the wrong botton, so i'm trying again. I'm 34yrs old and I am dealing w/ anxiety and agoraphobia, about to lose my apt because I'm afaird to go outside and it takes a lot out of me to even breath because my body feels num half of the time, it"s like i freeze up and dont even want to take breath because it's hard to do and it does'nt feel natural but i have too. I have no support and only 2 people know what I'm dealing w/, but they dont know to what extent and how I'm dieing inside! I also just lost a girlfriend of mind about 8days ago, she just died of a brain aneurism (today she was here and tomorrow she was gone) and that is killing me inside and I have no one to hold and I just want or need i dont know, I just want and need too be held (crying) again. She was just 27 and a half. I feel like i cant turn too my family because they expect better from me, it"s so sad because non of them truely know me and besides when my dad died about 21yrs ago i had no support and either did my brother and we were only 12 and 13yrs old at the time and was just meeting our mother that we had not seen for 8 plus yrs because she was in the USA and we were not, so we really couldnt talk to her or I couldnt because I just got the feeling that she didnt like my dad and i look just like him. and about 11yrs ago I lost my future husband in a car crash and family swore they would be there if i need anything and NOTHING NO SUPPORT. Once again i was all alone like now, but i'm older abd not married and have no kids. Anyways if i'm doing this right and I hope I am and someone that has been there before or understand some of what i"m saying even though i have run on sentences and my spelling is bad' someone thats able to help me try to take the FIRST STEP once again too help myself, it would mean the world too me and my family even though they dont know it. I guess i need a friend and I dont have alot of them because I dont go out and I have'nt really went out much in the last 6yrs or so, I just always remember running home. Besides my friends and the people that knows me think I'm so talented (i'm a make-up artist) and they feel I'm beautiful and they always ask me what is my problem because they dont understand why I shy away and they know that when people come in contact w/ me it's always special and I know myself to be that person or should I say that I know I have that in me. But were i'm at now it's like i'm frozen and they don't even want to hear it because everyone has there own problems including my family.
Thank you truely,
by alive.but.not.living

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:12 pm

HI Alive! I'm glad you were able to post your feelings on here. I'm sorry you lost your first long posting...I've done that before, very frustrating indeed! I'm sorry for you loss, I've lost some friends, my parents are now gone, sister in laws, cousins, etc. and most of all my 15 1/2 year old sweet son. So I know the heartache you are talking about and want to give you some comfort. The best I can do is tell you that you are loved by a loving Heavenly Father who answers prayers. Also, that your loved ones aren't far from you and they will comfort you as well. I don't know what your beliefs are, but I can only tell you mine and that I've been comforted by God's sweet Spirit.

Eventually, as you work this program and pray for help, you will feel better. Angels whether they be in human form or unseen will come to your rescue and give you comfort. My heart and prayers go out to you as you carry the burden of a broken heart.
Sincerely, Paislee

bestfriend

Post by bestfriend » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am

prayer really does help. it has changed my life and circumstances for the better. I've found answers during prayer, it has brought me comfort, I've requested and recieved the benefits of others' prayer....all positives!! prayers of thanksgiving are important...prayers for help simply can transform a life. the part of the Lord's Prayer/Our Father that means much to me is "Thy will be done..."

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”