in need of prayer

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Now26

in need of prayer

Post by Now26 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm

hello everyone, i am currently going to school right now and i am having some major issues with this school. please pray that i complete all of my coureses with an above passing grade. My anxiety level is so far up right now because i won't be attneding this school anymore after this quarter is over and i am trying to figure out if I want to go to school at all anymore for a bacheors degree. If i do, i can't figure out what i am good at and what i am interested in because i know what it is like to be stuck in a job that i really can't stand but only doing because of the paycheck. I can't do that for the rest of my life. That's a horrible way to live. Even though today's economy has everybody doing what they got to do, doesn't mean I am goiing to major in a field of study that i am doing just because the pay is well. WIth that said, i really need some prayer. Thank you all.

Paisleegreen

Re: in need of prayer

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi Now26--I'll send a prayer your way, be sure you pray for yourself as well. I hope things work out for you. Paislee

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Now26,
I will definitely be praying for you! Don't worry! Jesus says not to worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself. :) God's in control! Just hand it over to Him!!! Don't be afraid to take risks either - it's in trying new things that we grow. Praying for you!

Kathie C.

Post by Kathie C. » Wed May 18, 2011 1:09 pm

Dear Now 26 and Others,

Years ago I went into teaching young elementary students, and It turned out I was not cut out with the patience for it, although I loved the children so much and loved the results of what I did. Other adults did not all see it the same way for their own prejudicial reasons and I was devastated and didn't last long in the field after putting years into the education. But I've always believed it was God's plan for me, and that I did some good I could not have done and learned some lessons I would not have otherwise learned. However, If I had it to do over (especially the way public education is going down the tubes for our children now), I would have chosen a more specifically creative field, like writing, or something related to music, both things I feel passionate about. So pray to find your passion and go for it! God is with you, and you are definitely in my prayers.
Kathie

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”