Scared Of God and The Devil

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Stack28

Scared Of God and The Devil

Post by Stack28 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:26 pm

I feel that my panic attacks are either caused by God or allowed by God. I try but I still sin, sometimes the same ones over and over again. I just had sinful thoughts earlier, and now I am having a panic attack. What do i do? I am going to sin everyday the bible says so. So what is the answer? Can I take medication to help me along or is that a sin too? I just want to feel normal again, but if it is not God's will then will I ever be able to? I am so scared right now that i just took a .5 mg xanax. Thoughts comments anyone.

GIL

Re: Scared Of God and The Devil

Post by GIL » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:22 am

Stack28 wrote:I am going to sin everyday the bible says so.
Hi Stack28,
Sorry to hear about your dilema, but where in the Bible does it say this?

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 pm

These are just scary obsessive thoughts. As Lucinda says in the program, put up a big STOP sign. You are just scaring yourself with these thoughts, God is NOT going to punish you! We all sin and fall short of the glory of God, as the Bible says. But God's forgiveness goes beyond all that! Jesus' blood has payed the final price. You are righteous and holy if you believe in His Son! There is nothing to fear. Just relax. Practice the skills in the program! As you practice these skills, fill your mind with God's Word. Let it sink in. Fill yourself with the verses where God talks about His love and peace. God only desires good things for us!!!! He does NOT punish people with anxiety. Even when God convicts, it's NOT with anxiety!!!! His Spirit brings a TRUE conviction, NOT false-guilt, that speaks to our hearts, and brings a sense of PEACE because we KNOW that God will FORGIVE US, and HAS. Fill your mind with verses on God's forgiveness. 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:19 pm

I second what neverquit said. This is not a punishment. We all sin this is true, but God loves us that is why he sent his only begoten son. It is our Savior Jesus Crhrist who took upon him our sins. Meaning through Him we can all be saved. He made this posible by His ultamate sacrafice. Jesus Christ makes up for our short comings. Where ever we fall short he will make up the difference for us because he loves us. All He asks of us is to follow Him to the best of our ability, and repent when we do sin. He loves us and no matter what we do or how many times we do it, he will always forgive us if we will repent. God wants us to be happy. Anxiety is not a punishment, it is a trial to overcome and learn from. You can do it! A prophet of God said, "In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."

tbabystroup

Post by tbabystroup » Fri May 20, 2011 4:06 pm

I 3rd neverguit and 2nd mramirez on this one! we are all sinners, and yet all we need to do is try our best and repent our short comings!! And God only gives us that which we can handle... although sometimes it's super hard to find the strenghts we don't even know we have, they are there waiting for us to find and use them!! I also think sometimes us christians hamper our own faiths when we expect God to magically fix things for us! He could, but then we wouldn't learn anything nor would we experience personal growth nor the gratification of success!! In the words of Lucinda, I think you are should-ing all over yourself. "I should be a better person" "I should not be doing....." QUIT should-ing on yourself!
Good Luck on your journey! Always remember God IS with you!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

GIL

Post by GIL » Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 am

GIL wrote:
Stack28 wrote:I am going to sin everyday the bible says so.
Hi Stack28,
Sorry to hear about your dilema, but where in the Bible does it say this?
In light of this question, which I posed to help stimulate some thinking, I would like to pose another question. Is it possible to live without sinning? The problem with sin seems to be an underlying concern here and I would challenge you to discover the truth of the matter by searching the Bible for yourself. I would be willing to share further, by the grace of God, if you have any questions along the way. I am not on this forum much but I could make it a point to check in occasionally.

May God richly bless you as you dig for the treasure found in His Word.

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Thu May 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Never quit I like the verse I just read it this morning. I agree with you that it is not God it is the enemly he loves to tell us lies & make us miserable.

Joyce Meyer is one of my favorite christian speaker. She tell us to fill our mind with the word so there is less room for the devil to fill us with lies.

Bless you put up your stop sign & deep breath you are safe.

Lyla

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri May 27, 2011 12:31 pm

I agree as well with Neverquit and Mramirez! Our anxiety is a trial we are experiencing and we are here to work through our trials the best we can. Prayer will definitely help as you work things out as well as finding the right resources to help you, whether it be a doctor, therapist, friend, medication, exercise, etc. Try to work on thinking positive thoughts or self talk, and distract yourself by reading something encouraging or listening to inspiring music. Paislee :mrgreen:

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:00 pm

I know when we are having trials the devil is right there badgering us & telling us lies. I am closer to God than at any other time in my life. I am waiting on the Lord to direct me. I am praying when situations come into my life that are unpleasant that I will ask the Holy Spirit to direct my thoughts & actions.
We can & will over come this through the grace & glory to God.

Kay Graham

Post by Kay Graham » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:39 pm

I don't know what the person who asked would say, but I think that sin is an absolutely essential part of our lives and so it is unavoidable. Without it, we would learn nothing in this life. With it, we learn who we are and we turn to God to ask for His help and forgiveness. We give him our hearts and that pleases Him. So sin is our friend, in a way!

Also, sin is relative. If a baby screams with rage when he is uncomfortable, is he sinning? What about a 10 year old who rages at her parents because they won't buy her what she wants? And then there's the grown up who rages at anyone who interferes with his pleasure? I would say the baby is innocent, the 10 year old is a brat who needs to rethink her strategy, and the adult has a real problem. Maybe he has an illness that affects his brain. Is this sin? I don't know, but God knows. All we can do is try hard and not beat ourselves up too much when we fail. In other words, trust in God.

What else is there? We are just human and although God created us "perfect" we also have some things to learn so we can always become "more perfect". Logically, we can't ever become perfect as God is perfect. Trying to understand Him and do His will is as good as it gets.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”