Scared Of God and The Devil

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Layha Rae

Re: Scared Of God and The Devil

Post by Layha Rae » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:44 pm

I agree that we need to try & understand God & do His will the best way to do that is to read the word (bible). Since I have been reading it daily I have learned so much. The New Testament is much easier & enjoyable to read for me.
We are righteous through Jesus Christ who took away all of our sins. When satan lies to me I tell him to leave me alone cause he has no power over me. If God is for us who can be against.

God loves us how cool is that.

LoverNotAFighter

Post by LoverNotAFighter » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:35 am

I just want to let you know that God loves you! And he wants you to get through the anxiety, because there is so much LIFE on the other side of your struggle. He does not want you to fear and he will NEVER leave you. He has given you everything you need inside of yourself to get through this. I make mistakes all the time and yes, that could be considered sin, but you will never grow or learn if you do not stumble every now and then. God loves us and ALL of our imperfections. He is just waiting for you to give your struggle to him so that he may heal you. He may heal you through this program, through friends, through time. He will finish the good work he started in you and I cannot wait to hear about your recovery. The darkness you are facing now is equivalent to how much light there is on the other side. You are struggling a lot and I am so excited to see you reach the other beautiful side of life. Keep going! We are all fighting for life =)

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 am

Good examples Kay I believe God wants us dependant on Him so we are close to Him. He loved us & wanted to save us that He let His son die fo us. Don't try to figure everything out just believe God will take care of us. Bless You all LIFE IS GOOD1

Chessware

Post by Chessware » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 pm

First and foremost it is NOT God's will that you or anyone else suffers. Long story short, the Devil is responsible for introducing sin into the human family. And it is because of sin we all get sick, grow old and die.

At the moment God is allowing but NOT causing sicknesses. In his own due time he will put a permanent end to all sickness, including death. (Revelations 21:4) But until that time comes God has already put into motion his purpose to end sickness and death by allowing his only-begotten son to die for all of us so we can have forgiveness for our sins. So no need to get overly concerned about sin, because we now have TRUE forgiveness through God's son Jesus.

Remember the Bible says that God IS love...He loves and understands all you are going through.

Chess

Layha Rae

Post by Layha Rae » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 am

Well put Chessware. May we all breath & stay in the precious present moment & see all of the beauty Christ birth brings.

GIL

Post by GIL » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Kay Graham wrote:I don't know what the person who asked would say, but I think that sin is an absolutely essential part of our lives and so it is unavoidable. Without it, we would learn nothing in this life. With it, we learn who we are and we turn to God to ask for His help and forgiveness. We give him our hearts and that pleases Him. So sin is our friend, in a way!
I'm hoping that you said this out of ignorance, because you sound like a spokesperson for Satan. Sin is an awful and deadly problem in our lives and you say that it is an essential part of our lives--even our friend. It is the very thing that we need to be rid of--something that need not of happened to begin with. It appears that you do not see the seriousness of sin to make such a statement. Jesus came to take away the sin of the world. The whole of salvation is about being saved from sin. Why did Jesus die such a horrible death and experience the guilt of all our sins, not to mention the wrath of God, if sin is supposed to be an essential part of our lives? Jesus, who died for our sin and made it possible for us to live a life of victory over sin, is our Friend. How backward to say that sin is our friend. Sin is not our friend in any way, shape, or form! The Christian should have a hatred of sin in light of what it cost God in order that we might not perish but have everlasting life. Remember that it was your sin and mine that nailed Christ to the cross. And, of course, it wasn't the nails that held Him to the cross it was Christ who held the nails out of love for the sinner. But never before had there been anyone upon the earth who hated sin with so perfect a hatred as did Christ.

There will come a time when sin and sinners will be no more. Sin will not enter in a second time. At the second coming of Christ God's people will go on throughout eternity learning and growing in an environment without sin which was the original plan when God created this world. There will be an Eden restored. Praise God!

GIL

Post by GIL » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 pm

[quote="Chessware"]So no need to get overly concerned about sin, because we now have TRUE forgiveness through God's son Jesus.[quote="Chessware"]

Hi Chessware,

I can appreciate what you have said except I'm puzzled over the sentence that I have quoted. I get the impression that you are saying that we do not really need to take sin seriously because we will be forgiven. Sure, we need not be concerned any longer of past sins that were forgiven, but what about victory over continuing in the same sins? Jesus did not come to save us in our sin. He came to save us from our sin. "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."--John 1:29. I point this out because much of Christianity does not teach a full gospel. "The gospel... is the power of God unto salvation."--Rom 1:16. It's a power that not only has the saving grace to forgive our sins, but has the saving grace that can enable us to live a life free of sin. In other words, justification and sanctification go together just like faith and works--they cannot be separated.

"The religion of Christ means more than the forgiveness of sin; it means taking away our sins, and filling the vacuum with the graces of the Holy Spirit. It means divine illumination, rejoicing in God. It means a heart emptied of self, and blessed with the abiding presence of Christ. When Christ reigns in the soul, there is purity, freedom from sin. The glory, the fullness, the completeness of the gospel plan is fulfilled in the life. The acceptance of the Saviour brings a glow of perfect peace, perfect love, perfect assurance. The beauty and fragrance of the character of Christ revealed in the life testifies that God has indeed sent His Son into the world to be its Saviour."--Reflecting Christ.

You also say, "We now have TRUE forgiveness." You even emphasize "TRUE." Are you saying this because we had false forgiveness in the past?

Please know that I am not accusing you of anything. I am just trying to reason through this one sentence because of the way that it is worded.

May the Lord bless us all in our efforts to study things through and share with one another.

amazing1

Post by amazing1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53 pm

HI STACK28
I just want to tell you that God is always with you even when you think he is not.
One verse that always helps me is "As I was with Moses I will be with you, I will never
leave you nor forsake you, Be strong and of good courage I will be with you always.You are
thinking of God who sits up there looking for ways to punish us. That is far from the truth.
God loves you so much that he gave his one and only son to die for you and me. That is
a pure unconditional love. Focus on God promise. Read the book of John. I had a very
disfunctional family growing up and I lived in fear. I can recall always crying and wondering
why God even allowed me to be born. Why my life was so miserable. I used to cry and ask
God to please take me. But I now see that through all my trials God was there. I don't like
when people come knocking on my door and start talking to me about Gods judgement . I
think that they should focus on telling you about his love for you instead of scaring people.
Look in back of your bible and look up the word love and read the verses it leads you to.
For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believe
in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”