on session 3 need all the spiritual support i can get

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
dyamond1921

Post by dyamond1921 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi,

this is my first posting in this site, although i started the program about two months ago. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for many years, I'm 25 yrs old and haven't really enjoyed much of anything. I am a believer of God and often struggle with thoughts of guilt, feeling many times like I'm failing him and will he continue to forgive me. I'm trying to make changes in my life but i trip and fall often. To replace a negative thought with a positive one is very difficult for me I thought a certain way for most of my life, I'm hoping and praying for a miracle.

Grandpa Doggie

Post by Grandpa Doggie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 pm

dyamond1921,replacing negative with positive is difficult simply because some of us have trained our minds to think negative now it's time to retrain our minds with the unnatural positive thoughts, with being mindful and aware of the negative, stop and force the negative out and replace with a forced positive, this is working well for me. Here's God's word; Chronicles 28:20 Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the Lord God...is with you. He will not fail you!
We may fail ourselves but we can never fail God and he will never fail us. It's a mystery, keep believing, as God asks, and you will overcome. It's good to have you on board my brother in Christ.

God Bless with Love, Grandpa Doggie

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:21 am

Hi dyamond,

I used to feel like you described - about failing God - until I realized that He loves me anyway and He does you too. God's love for us is not based upon our performance, thank goodness!

I too am working through changing my thought processes. I think we are a work in progress and it is a daily thing we have to do. As we do what we can, God will help us do what we can't. I'm planning on doing the program again as I have forgotten some things and it really is very thorough. Know that you are not alone and God is not punishing you. He loves you. Tammy
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:23 am

Hi dyamond, I meant to add this song to the end of my post but pushed the "post now" button to fast! :D Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-enKzeY060
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:53 am

this really helps me too since I just started session 3 today. I feel worn out by all the work I have been doing just for today. My head hurts. How does one keep the energy for this? I feel so tired just combating these thoughts. Ugh! I am praying for God to help me...I just feel so tired and it is day one.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Molly! :) How are you doing? I think I must have the flu or a really bad cold...I've been in bed the whole weekend and ready to go back. But at least I'm feeling better enough to post a little. It is tiresome to keep enduring, but just do what you can "baby steps". :) Paislee

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”