How can I turn all of my worries and problems over to God???

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 am

Amen! Thank you for sharing! I have a small little piece to add...

God wants you to know:

... that if you relax, it comes. Don't seek, don't search, don't ask, don't knock, don't demand - relax. If you relax, it is there. If you relax, God shows you the way.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 am

Here is a Native American Story I would like to share about FEAR.
Rabbit poked his head out of his burrow one day.
It was a beautiful sunny day and he felt very very good. a bit hungry but good.
As he looked about the prairie he envisioned a farmers garden loaded with tasty fresh green lettuce.......he stayed in his burrow, and pondered.......GEE, I should go out, I am hungry, but where is Hawk right now?
He continued to think about the lettuce, something he craved and loved yet was hindered by the thought of the Hawk eating him.
He pondered more.....Oh, Hawk must be here somewhere, he is waiting for me I bet. I will stay in my burrow a little longer.
He waited and thought and waited, He was getting hungrier. His whiskers wiggled with anticipation for that lettuce. He poked his head out and said again to himself....where is Hawk, I dont see him, I bet he is waiting somewhere to eat me up!! He went back down into his burrow. Hungrier and hungrier he became, he became angry and jumped out of his burrow and yelled out "Hawk if you are here, show yourself!!! No Hawk, showed up. He returned down into his burrow. Waiting and thinking and waiting and wondering...Rabbit stuck his furry long ears out again and became so annoyed and angered because he knew the Hawk was out there but couldnt see him....He yelled out again...HAWK, HAWK, whats wrong with you, cant you see I am here? Come out so I can see you and know where you are?
Rabbit returned again deep in his burrow. Worrying, panicking, until finally he leaped out of his burrow and ran across the field to the garden with the tasty lettuce. Hawk swooped down and grabbed him up and carried him away flying over the tasty lettuce Rabbit was so hungry for.
Moral of this story is.....Never call your fears(The Hawk) to you because Fear will show up sooner or later and carry you away.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi creamcheese :) :) :),
I enjoyed that story!!! Thanks for sharing it with me!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey Susan :) :) :),
That is such a great way to hear "His small still voice"...Kinda like saying, "Be still and know that I am God"...

Thank you sooooo much for sharing that with us!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”