is it really anxiety or is it Cancer?

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Sandi M. Williams

Post by Sandi M. Williams » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:50 am

is there anyone out there who suffers, daily, with this type of fear....every ache and pain is a sign of cancer- heart attach symptom- stroke symptom?

my name is Sandi and i'm a "Relapser"; i purchased the program about 5 years ago and did go thru (what i consider) a SHORT TIME of recovery- it ended one day when i received results from my annual pap- Displasia, which is a form of HPV; so ofcourse i constantly think about having cancer one day- THEN,i turned 40 and had to have a mammogram- my doctor gave me the form to go and get it done and i'm still holding on to it because i'm afraid that the results will be breast cancer; i've even gone over and over in my mind of how i'll react when i'm sitting on the hospital bed and the doctor comes in to tell me.....this is AGONIZING!!! and so depressing because i was recovering and was so very exciting that i was doing so well....

can anyone relate?

(and, by the way, this is my first time here in this Forum...i really don't completely understand how this works(not a computer geek)....is there a way to chat with someone(a professional) one-on-one?)
Sandi M. Williams

AlaskanAmber

Post by AlaskanAmber » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Hey Sandi,
First off, Congrats on finding this forum, I think you'll find, there are alot of really nice and supportive people here to offer down in the trenches advice and support.
First off Your NOT a relapser' we're just sensitive people who care alot, about alot of things, and we turn our sweet, sensitive compassionate hearts, and worry ourselves to tears sometimes. It's just gaining the right perspective. =)
What your dealing with now, is anxiety over your health, totally normal, everyone wants to be healthy, and worries a bit about staying healthy. Health anxiety is super common, if you go to the top left hand corner of the screen, you'll see a "FIND" button, put in key words and you'll see former chats on all sorts of topics, put in 'cancer scare" or health anxiety, or scared of doctors, or what ever comes to mind and you can gleen a whole lot of comfort and find yourself in others words too.

Rest assured, your not alone, myself and most everyone else has dealt with the fear of a disease, or loss of control over our health, or waiting for drs results. I'm sure you'll be fine and healthy. Plus showing up at the drs. office and doing the test is positive, it's being proactive and taking control of your health, and staying ahead of anything coming your way. Think of your doctor as a Partner, a coach if you will in helping you keep your health for as long as possible.
Sandi, I wish you peace and rest, and know you will be just fine. Go read some experiances and see what will help you. =)
Much peace and prayers,
Amber

"Do not worry, Do not be anxious, but in all things through prayer and petition and with thanksgiving, present your requests to the Lord of peace who trancends all understanding so he may guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
Finally brothers, what ever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is beautiful, righteous, excellant or praiseworthy, THINK on these things."
Phillipians 4: 6-7

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:43 am

Hey, Sandi--:) I just learned something new that AlaskanAmber said about the FIND button. :D I haven't needed to search for anything as of yet, but I'm glad I got that info for the future.

Welcome! You're not alone! :) I'm glad AlaskaAmber explained what we do to ourselves about worrying...but somebody has to do it. That is why some people are Safety Engineers or Life Guards, Nurses, Drs, etc. we all have minds that can imagine and think and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I was suppose to get a mammogram too since my last visit to my GYN/OB I've had many visits to Drs, but I haven't made the appt for the mammogram. I know I will get it done, just as I need to make an appt to get my teeth cleaned.

But I am taking care of my health in other ways and my chances of breast cancer aren't as likely as in the future having strokes. I only know what my mother has gone through and some of my Aunts. So I make sure I'm eating good and not gaining weight, which also can feed breast cancer.

Anyway, you are going to be okay, you do take care of yourself and I think AlaskaAmber said it all. Let me know when you get you Mammogram and I'll do the same! :D Paislee

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Sandi and welcome to this forum.

AlaskanAmber hit the nail on the head, so to speak. She has excellent advice and seems to word it so well, in an almost comforting fashion.

I did not know much about how to navigate around this website at first either, but little by little I am learning about the forums and the profiles, etc.

Keep in touch and keep writing.
You are a caring and kind person.

Lynda Lu

manuela

Post by manuela » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi Sandy!
My name is Manuela and this is the first time I use this support online.
I have purchased the program over a year ago, after that purchased a coach to call me and help me with the 15 sessions one on one.
I am doing much better than when i started, but if there's any trouble in my life especially in the fall or winter I go back to my old habits of thinking.
I also have a very strong mind/ body connection and feel all kinds of symptons. Especially heart palpitations. It is mostly when I try to relax sometimes and not even thinking about it.
It is very frustrating after having done all this work and also seeing a therapist regularly.
I have done all kinds of tests, stress tests, heart monitors and they can't find anything.
But even thought I know it's anxiety, everytime I feel these palpitations it totally scares me.
I still think maybe they missed something, or the anxiety will eventually make me sick.
So, you are not alone. Thank God for this community of support. Hopefully with everybody's support we will get thru this.

redhatgirl

Re: is it really anxiety or is it Cancer?

Post by redhatgirl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:48 am

I haven't had a mammogram for several years b/c it hurts. There is a different way to scan tissue for cancer, it is called thermography. Where I live the cost is ca $150. It is pain free. The machine doesn't touch the body. I will have it done as soon as I have the money. I have read that mammogram doesn't always detect cancer. I am a breast cancer survivor. I discovered the lump myself, before I had any mammogram. The lump was surgically removed and then I had chemo therapy and radiation. The treatment was killing me so my oncology doctor had to stop it. Then I recovered. I have been okay ever since, 12 years now.

I was a vegetarian for 4 years when I got the cancer diagnosis. The cancer was so called "hormone positive". I ate a lot of soy bean protein (soy has plant estrogen/hormone). I was affraid that I would not get enough protein as a vegetarian, so ate plenty of it (too much). I have also been affraid of beeing low on vitamin B12 so I supplemented with B12 pills which were time released (continuous release). I recently had a test done which showed abnormal excess of B12. The doctor told me to stop taking the vitamin.

I have a degree in nutrition so I have always been affraid to get too little of this or that. I don't eat soy bean protein anymore, of obvious reason. The food industry puts soy into everything. It's sad to read labels on foods. I have to cook everything from scratch.

The most sad part is that I got cancer b/c of my nutrition education. And now I am learning that the healthiest food is uncooked, b/c it has all the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, anitoxiadants intact/undestroyed. I am talking about the so called Raw Food diet. I live now in warm Florida so I can eat raw/uncooked food year around. I understand it is not doable in cold climates but to maintain health or gain health back it is important to have a balance between acidic and alkaline foods. Meat, fish, eggs, mik products, beans, oils, grains, alcohol, soft drinks are acidic. I have a water machine in my kitchen which makes tap water alkaline but it cannot balance all the acidic foods I eat. I was still mostly acidic despite the water and was/am drinking only water. Cancer and other diseases thrive in acidic environment! An alternative medicine therapist told me recently to buy "Cell Food". I found it on the Internet, ordered and started taking the drops in water. I use litmus paper to dip in urin every day to check the pH level daily, to know if I am acidic or alkaline. I am slightly alkaline with the Cell Food drops. I no longer worry about getting cancer.

I have learned a lot from online research. I have found Gerson Institute in San Diego and Hippocrates Insititute in Florida, both teaching sick ppl to heal with alkaline foods (wheat grass juice, lots of greens, sprouts, vegetarian/vegan/raw food diet). If you would talk to a nutritionist or dietitian, most of them will tell you you need meat, fish, eggs, milk products to survive. They will not bother to explain to you that the Standard American Diet, SAD, is killing ppl. My nutrition degree comes from Europe but it's the same thing, desinformation.

Btw, a research shows that cancer doctors would not use chemo on themselves if they got cancer. I guess they would rather do a pH alkaline diet and heal that way.

If you are affraid of mammograms, cancer and/or other diseases, just learn about pH foods. Just google it. Change what you feed your body with and kick your fear to the moon. For good.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”