Feeling so hurt need some good spiritual advice

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 am

I have found that one particular person that I met here is really hard on me judging me all the time what I say what I do in the name of Jesus. I love God so much yet it seems that the more I pray that more that I am being attacked. This is suppose to be a fellow christian they are so hard on me and tell me how wrong I am all the time. I am trying so hard not to let this affect my anxiety but it is really taking a toll on me and on my faith in myself. I feel like all I do is fail God and that is not what I want I want to serve God. Why am I so manipulated by one persons actions as far as my faith goes ??? Why do I feel they know more than I do,when I have been raised and grew up in a wonderful christian home and I love God so much. Is this not judging me ?? I ask myself is that what God wants us to do is to judge one another to the point of bashing someone down ?? That is not the God I serve, see how confused I am ?? Any advice would help me so much

Thank you and God bless you all
Mimi
xoxoxo

SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Mimigirl,

I am so very sorry to hear that someone has been doing that to you. That is NOT what true Christianity is about. It has happened to me too and you have to be confident in your walk with God and not let someone else judge you. I have been walking with God for over 20 years and when it happened to me, it almost made me stumble too. The sad thing was it came at a time when I was struggling the most with anxiety and it was the last thing I needed deal with. The good thing is it strengthened my faith and why I believe what I do as it caused me to examine myself.

I would advise blocking that person from being able to contact you. There are many good people on here and you don't have to let one person ruin things for you.

Remember God tells us not to judge others and God is love. We are here to support one another, not criticize and judge.

You are right: that kind of behavior is not what the God you serve is about so you should know by that, that this person is not acting by the Spirit of God. There are so many scriptures that I could quote in regards to this but growing up in a church environment, I'm sure you know them all.

Just be aware you are not the first person this has happened to on here, and, unfortunately, you probably won't be the last.

Be blessed.

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Thank you so much Simple your words touched my heart more than you could know. I am so thankful that you responded to just reassure me that the path I am following is the one God intended me too. I have blocked this person from my life and for that I feel freedom. There are alot of amazing people on here you are right and you seem like another amazing person I have been so blessed to cross paths with. Thank you again and God bless you
Mimi
xoxox

SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:03 am

Mimi,

I pray you do well on your journey out of anxiety/depression. I'm not sure what you have struggled with but I know it is God's will for you to be whole: spirit, soul and body.

Thank you for the compliment but I feel I am just another person overcoming anxiety issues and trusting in the Lord Jesus to take me by the hand and lead me through. I have come along way from where I was 1 1/2 years ago but still have many things to overcome. I know I will, and you will too, as we are not alone on this journey. I came across a recent post on another forum. I pray it blesses you:

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE

" The key to change...is to let go of fear"

" We must travel in the direction of our fear"

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears"

" Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin."

" You can conquer almost any fear if you only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

God bless you. Simple

giga247

Post by giga247 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:07 am

hello to all ive read your post an i to am suffering with put downs and struggles with my walk in God. My troubles actually come alot more from my family they often mean the best but can be so hurtfull and to me this is my family and are all pretty close but ive found that sometimes ive gotta step away from them for a time cause they start to judge me. I dont have many christian friends that i trust and im no even sure that my husband is a christian and so i find myself struggling to do what God wants me to do and sometimes just need the support of other christians you know the uplifting words we all need at times. so i hope to find others like you two, funny we never have to meet or even know eachothers names but knowing we all believe in the same God somehow makes it easier to share. hope we can share more and help eachother as we walk this wicked hard world for christ.

SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:32 am

Hi Giga,

Hello and sorry to hear you too have had times of judgment from others. I think it is part of human nature to do that, but it is definately wrong. I've experienced it from family members also. We've probably all been guilty of it at one time or another.

It is a blessing to have the help and support of other believers. Look forward to sharing and supporting each other. I'm not on here as often as I used to be but will try to check in at least a few times a week. I just happened to see Mimi's post yesterday. Take care and God bless. Simple

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Both of you have such great things to share and to pray on, I just love getting to know other christians who have anxiety, God is so awesome isnt He. Yes Giga I think maybe we feel like we have no confidence in anything so anything that feels negative or judgemental is hard to deal with. I have been in prayer all day today it has been so good for me I feel so much better God is so awesome. I also spoke with my Pastor about these feelings he said it is okay to feel weak sometimes I am really feeling much more empowered in the Lord tonight. God is so good and he know our hearta our fears our insecurities what a great feeling to know that He never leaves us never forsakes us what an awesome God we serve. I hope that no one reading this takes this personal that was not my intent, I just needed some advice and a bit of encouragment in a weak moment. This was not an attack on one person in anyway at all I am blessed to have found amazing friendships here some are ongoing some not but all worth while an all important in my walk in the Lord. I feel so good in my heart and would never want anyone else to feel hurt or gossiped about here that was not the intent, this was worded as a person it was more about a situation that arises here from time to time and some advice and talking with other christians was a good way to do it on this forum. It is always good for us to practice our skills from the program and for that I am thankful, and to practice our faith as well. God is so awesome and with each other and the Lord and a pure heart anything is possible.

God bless you all I am praying for us to continue to get healthier and healthier xoxo
Mimi

cfe

Post by cfe » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Dear ones, I feel for you, I have been "Considering my ways" lately, as my anxiety is back, and I have been without it for a few years now, as Lucinda puts it "This is a growth spurt" or Joyce Meyer;
"Preparing for Promotion; Learning to walk in obedience where we are prepares us for the next level into which God wants to take us. Obedience prepares us for promotion. We cannot wait until the "glory days" hit and then get prepared. Preparation precedes promotion."
<span class="ev_code_RED">Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately,...as wise (sensible, intelligent people). Making the very most of the time. - EPHESIANS 5:15,16</span>
Dear God I pray for these girls, as they walk this valley of trial, making their way, down the strait and narrow path is not easy. Walk with them, Guide and Direct them,carry them when there hearts are broken. Help them to see the finish line, as they run this race, give them Eagle's wings so they can fly above it and look at their live as you see them! covered under the blood of Jesus. You have told us to judge not others, to get the log out our own eye, to judge only ourselves.even Jesus did not judge he lead, he taught, he showed us the way so before the great Judgment day! we can not judge any one, or for that matter change any one but ourselves, Help us Oh Father to "consider our ways" in these matters, and make the necessary changes so we can take our Promotion, to a higher plane! and help others who are struggling with their valleys. in the Powerful Name of Jesus, Amen.
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I hope all is well with you all in your trials. Just remember the Adversary is always going to be after you, more so when you are trying to do what Christ wants you to do. You will be tested and remember that you will come out the Winner!

Bass

Post by Bass » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi Mimigirl..I am sad to read that this has happened you. I think I am aware of this person also. Mimi, we are all Gods children as you know. God does not judge Mimi, we judge, wrongly. God is all about love, forgiveness and reconciliation. Your beliefs about God are based on your life teachings and how you were brought up. They are yours alone but some people will share them and others not. This one person has his views and they are unimportant. I have seen you in the room and know that you are on the right road, your beliefs I share with you also..many do. Know that more world wars have been fought in the name of religion than for any other reason except for the legendary "Helen of Troy ". Stay undeterred in your beliefs as they are your gifts from God. Come back to the room and put that person on ignore and continue to brighten the souls of the needful folks in there who are looking for the kind of light Mimi has to share. Do not let this one persons views bother you because he does not matter, not even a little. I think God would want you to know this..your friend Bass.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”