Mission Trip Anxiety

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
RCA

Post by RCA » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:36 am

We have a group of people who go to Africa every year on a mission trip. Back in the winter I told a lady who goes quite often that I thought the Lord wanted me to go. The trip is very expensive and I just found out that it is more expensive than I thought. Also, I just lost my job because of budget cuts. I am also having a lot of anxiety over the temperture in Africa (over 100 daily)and the 14 hour plane flight. I have only flown once and that was 35 years ago. I feel this lady is a little upset with me for not going. The other day when I told her I did not think I would go she said "You said the Lord wanted you to go." Right now I don't know what to do. I need some advice and your prayers.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 am

Morning RCA,

I pray that the Lord show you what His will for you is in this. But I would also encourage you to not let other people intimidate you into doing something you are unsure about. I understand that you felt the Lord wanted you to do this, and if you still feel that way, He'll give you peace, no matter the circumstances. If not, it's really OK. God knows your heart and what you are capable of at this time in your life. I don't believe He would want you to be stressing out over something that should be a joy. He loves you no matter what - it's not conditional upon you going on this mission trip. If you are physically unable to go, you can still pray and intercede for those who are going. :)

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 am

SimpleTruths, Thanks for the advice and prayers. Our church is doing a study on being "Sent". I know that we are all sent,but the Lord does not send all of us to the same place.
I feel that one day I may go to Africa, but I feel this is not His timing for me now. I do have a strong sense that God has some where or some thing He wants me to do now. My prayer is that what ever that "mission" is that I follow His will.I will not be pressured into going somewhere unless He has called me to do it. Thanks again!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:59 am

Hi RCA,

I am glad to hear you are doing well and have good outlook. Wishing you the best. ;)

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”