Need prayer and support

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Michele G

Post by Michele G » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm going through a terrible time right now, and I've got a long hard road ahead of me. My Dad is dying from cancer. His doctor thinks it's gotten in his nervous system because he's showing signs of dementia. No one's told me how much longer he has, and they don't have to. After seeing him the other day I know it could be any time.

I'm glad went through the Mid-West program a long time ago, the skills I learned is helping me work through this. I depended on my Dad a lot, and so it's easy to have scary thoughts about how I'm going to manage without him. When I woke up yesterday morning I started thinking of productive ways to deal with that instead of talking myself into feeling worse. In other words, I'm starting to accept the situation, even though it's the biggest loss I've ever had to face. I'm going to miss my Dad terribly. But he's been through a lot this past year battling this cancer, and I don't want him to suffer anymore.

Please remember him and my family in your prayers. Thank you.

Michele

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Michele,

I know how hard it is to lose a parent. My mom died of renal cancer in 2002. I know the feeling of not wanting to lose them but also not wanting them to suffer anymore. I miss her alot but I know she is with Jesus and not suffering any pain.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Michele I too lost a parent to cancer. I watched my mom suffer for 9 years with lots of cancers. Cervical, breast, colon and then finally pancreatic. It was heartbreaking and I was sooo devistated but I know looking back that she is with the Lord and restored and blessed and whole. I have only one regret and that is that I didn't tell her that I loved her more and I didn't tell her things that I had always wanted to say but chickend out. Tell your pops all that's on your heart.
I will be praying for you. I pray you sense the Lord holding your heart so very close to his own heart
xo
Jill~

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Hugs to you too STruth Maybe our moms are watching over us and smiling at our progress.
;)
J~

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks Simple Truths and jillzmind. My Dad is feeling a little better today, he was taken to the Compassionate Care Center yesterday and they're taking care of him. Now that he's more comfortable he's not confused and in pain like he was at home. Another good thing, he was saved this morning. My grandma sent the preacher at her church to go talk to him, and he accepted the Lord.

Again, thanks for your prayers and support. May God bless you.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:36 pm

Michele that is such good news that he is feeling better and in good care. That will ease his mind for sure.
The best news ever that he is now born again. What an amazing gift and blessing. There is so much joy and comfort in knowing you will see them again in heaven. I hope and pray he stays around for a while now so you can have some nice visits.
Take care
Jill~
;)

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks jillzmind. I've been depressed today, thinking about how everything's going to change after he's gone. Sometimes I think I won't be able to manage on my own without him, I was still dependent on him for a lot of things. Other times I can talk myself into thinking I'll be okay, it will be difficult for a while, but I can learn adjust. Today was difficult, my brother went to see him and called me when he got back. He was feeling sad about his visit, Dad slept most of the time he was there, and every so often he would wake up and be confused about where he was...they had him on a lot of pain medication.

I know it won't be long, but all I can do is talk about it when I can and pray. Thanks for your prayers and support...they help a lot! :)
Hope you had a great day.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:21 am

Michele - I just now checked and Praise God! that you dad gave his heart to God.

That was the one thing that helped me through the time that my mom was sick. Knowing that I will see her again and she's not suffering anymore. I got to pray with her along with my pastor. She battled cancer for 10 long years. Had good years and bad ones. It stemmed from her kidney but was all over. She was in alot of pain - more than I ever knew at the time. She kept alot from me - to protect me I know.

It's hard once they are gone because we miss them. My mom and I were very close and I am thankful for the time I had with her. You will always have the sweet memories of your dad and the hope of seeing him again one day.

Jillzmind, I bet our moms are in heaven watching us and encouraging us to press on! I also got a sister there and my grandparents. What a homecoming we will have some day!!

Michele, I'll be praying too.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks for all your prayers. My Dad went to be with the Lord this evening, there was no pain. He died at the Hospice Center surrounded by family and friends. I am sad and know that it's going to be difficult at times, but at the same time relieved knowing he won't be suffering anymore.

Again, thanks for the prayers and support.

Michele

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:15 am

Morning Michele,

He's home now. The bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. As much as I know you will miss him, I pray that you take comfort in knowing he is at peace and completely whole. And I pray over the coming days, weeks and months that you too will walk in the peace and comfort of the Lord.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”