Need of prayer

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Jennifier

Post by Jennifier » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 am

Okay my story is kind of long. First, it starts with a minor name change for my daughter. My daughters biological dad that she hasnt seen since she was 3 right after her 3rd b-day now she is 10 in september so 7 years he hasnt seen her at all. We got a divorce which he never showed up for and he never set up any visitation. I have not allowed him to see her the two times he has showed up at my door and told him that he needed to set up something through the court which is what I was told by the judge to do because there was nothing in writing for visitation so it was a safety thing. Okay well I am pregnant and due to have a c-section on July 9th and I am trying to get my daughters name changed. The reasonings for this are......last school year my daughter was writing my last name on papers at school. I had a meeting with her teacher and she brought this to my attention she has been asking for her name to be changed since she was 4 because she realized that it was different even at that age (unfortunently). Of course a 4 year old has no clue what they want so it didnt happen. Well I told her that I would see what I could do. We bought her an ipod for her b-day and we put her name with our last name on it so that she would feel like we were trying to do what she wanted done but she knew that her last name had not changed. Well her teacher asked her why she wanted her last name changed and she said so she could be like the rest of her family. I have this documented and ready to hand the judge which has been signed and notorized by her teacher. Anyways, Christmas last year my daughter met her step-brother from my husband (he lives up north and its hard to see him a whole lot, getting more since he isnt so small) and she realized that his last name was the same as ours. She got upset and said I'm going to be different than my whole family. So I decided that with a new baby that it would be even more devastating to her since she only knows my husband as her dad. I havent wanted her to feel left out or like there was something wrong with her and that is why her bio didnt have anything to do with her. He has other kids that are younger and I cant imagine if she knew that how she would feel. So anywho I'm waiting to tell her until she is around 11-12 years old when she can understand a llittle more. Well paper work is in and I had him summonsed I recieved a paper back yesterday one day after it was due the court recieved it the day it was due the letter that was only typed said that he was denying such name change. He has no legal rights to her at all so he cant deny the change. He was suppose to say why he thought it wasnt in the best interest of his daughter. Well now it is still going to go to court. (I think tha the letter was typed and envelope was by his girlfriend) It wasnt his handwriting. She has wanted to meet so she could meet her and have the kids meet. Well not only that but he started to get visitation papers in well he needed 6 papers filed with the court and only did 2 and the case is closed because he has done nothing at all. So he was never really serious about it. I'm sooo aggravated and on top of that will have a c-section on July 9th that I am anxious about. I just want this done by the time the baby is here. I need prayer so that I dont go into pre-term labor and I really am up for any advise or anything anyone has. I've laid in in Gods hands but it has really upset me and I don't want her hurt because something else is different than her. thanks for listening sorry for the rambling!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Jennifer, I read your post and hopefully you have worked things out for the best for your daughter. I live in NJ and dont know much about name changes and such. Only that my sister at age 59 had to change hers because her first name was supposed to be her middle name. So, that was it. I am hoping that this stress is relieved for you and all is settled as well as for the Birth of your new baby. My prayers are out to you. creamcheesepuff

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:59 pm

My prayers are with you.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”