Prayer appreciated

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:02 pm

I have been having some dental drama and I would appreciate your prayers as I go tomorrow to the local walk in dental clinic. It's very close to my house and it was easy to find. And affordable. But...it is making me super anxious so pray for me, if you could, as I go tomorrow.
Thanks so very much
:)
Jill~

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Dear Jill :) :) :),
I am not fond of dentistry, either!!! My physician told me, that he was terrified of dentists!!!

I think this fear is very "rational" since, I would rather take a beating than go to a dentist!!!

I will send up a prayer for you!!! I pray that God gives you much comfort, and that HE alleviates those fears when you walk into that dentist's office!!!

The last time that I visited a dentist's office was to have a tooth extracted!!! The very first tooth extraction in my life!!!

I must say after having others pray for me, once I got there, I had a great "sense" of peace in my heart, and my fears had vanished!!!

Our very good friend said to me the day before, "You are scaring your own self and you will be okay"...

I used that motto because I knew it was true!!! In fact, I clung to that "motto" for dear life...LOL..

I am going to say the same thing to you!!! You are in excellent hands and you will be just fine!!! You are just scaring your own self!!!

You need to imagine yourself going into that office feeling soooooo safe, secure and content!!!

Tonight is a great time to use that relaxation tape and use your positive self talk!!!

In the meantime, I will be praying for you!!!

I am sure you will walk out of that office feeling very good about yourself, because you will know that by the Grace of God, you did something good for yourself!!! I know that I did!!!!

Have a wonderful night's rest all safe, secure, warm and sheltered beneath the wings of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Thank You for the prayers. I know the Lord is
preparing the way for me. I just need to get out of the boat and walk toward Him!
J~

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Amen Sister, and you will be soooooo grateful you did!!! :) :) :)

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Jill ......I was having dental issues myself about this time last year and just like Mrs. T-Bones, I wound up having my first tooth extracted. I remember how terrified and uptight I was. It was no fun, of course but I was just fine- you will be, too! The anticipation (or maybe I should say,DREAD) was worse than anything. Saying a prayer for you now......

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:56 am

Thank You All for your prayers I really felt them today. It was touch and go for a bit and I almost renegged and told the receptionist that I would come back tomorrow and she said "oh no stay, this is the best time to come in" so I said "okay" then a few min. later a super nice gal came and got me, took a quick x-ray of the bad tooth and then the Doc came back and looked at me and said, "you need antibiotics for a bit before we do an extraction" so he talked price with me and got me moved on. I was there for an hour tops and it was only 19 dollars. If you have a Comfort Dental in your area check them out. They are super nice and patient, and affordable which I needed since I have no insurance.All in all it was good. I did my breathing I kept busy texting my hubby and I really really felt the peace of the Lord. Again
Thank You all so much for praying for me. I knew I had to get out of that boat and walk toward the Lord and he'd meet me. He did and I am so blessed!!!
xoxo
Jill~

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Oh Jill, Thank you sooooo very much for getting back with us on this one!!! :) :) :)

What a wonderful "praise report" you have here, dear sister!!!

I knew God would walk you through it!!! He places peace in our hearts, in the very "midst" of our storms!!!

And if you are anything like me, dentistry is a storm ;)

BTW: My daughter and I did hold hands and send up a prayer for you!!!

I did NOT want you to be scared!!!

And yes, my dear sister and friend, you are VERY blessed!!! :) :) :)

You are a child of the KING of KINGS and Lord of Lords...How much more blessed could one possibly be in this life???

I am soooooo grateful you walked towards our Savior!!! I can only begin to "imagine" how much better you feel, knowing that you faced that fear head on, with our Savior by your side!!!

I bet you feel a great sense of "accomplishment" and so, you should!!! ;) :cool: :)

Have a wonderful night's rest all warm, safe, secure and sheltered beneath the wings of our Almighty God!!! Love, Cloie

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”