Do NOT allow Discouragement to Become a Part of YOUR life!!!

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Daily Golden Footprints
Prophetess Frances Lloyd

Again, You Must Choose Joy

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

As I was seeking the Lord, He made it clear that this was what He wanted to say to you; You must choose joy again today and then it can manifest. There are so many of you who have been through long and difficult challenges these last few months. You have made it through the financial famine thus far, but you are scorched along the edges. The Lord is moving by His Spirit right now. It is as if I were there with you. I am laying hands on your forehead by faith. The anointing is loosed. You are receiving deliverance from weariness, exhaustion, hurts, and even emotional devastation some of you. Some of you have just walked through a divorce. Though in some ways you were at fault, it was their choice. You are not responsible for other people’s choices. You don’t even believe in divorce. You have asked said to God, I don’t believe in divorce, I even hate divorce. How did I get here?

Join with me and make a new choice. It is a new beginning for you. Although I have chosen it many times before, today I choose a new beginning. I have made a decision today. I choose to be happy in the Lord. Again, I choose joy. The joy of the Lord is my strength. You can read this scripture in (Neh 8:10) ...for the joy of the LORD is your strength. Therefore, I choose to be strong. I choose joy.

In this next scripture life and death, blessing and cursing are put before you. You are instructed to choose which direction in life and in death you want to go. (Deu 30:19) I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.

When you wake up each morning, again you must make a free will choice to walk in joy. You must choose which way you will respond to whatever challenge faces you. In that joy you will find your strength. I remind myself that I am not happy because every little want has already arrived. You must chosse to be in joy because in Christ you have the hope of His promises.

I have faced many serious challenges in my life. I have been through the physical loss of two husbands and several miscarriages. I went though much of it before God blessed me with ministry. He also blessed me with my present husband. We will celebrate our 20th anniversary. My husband went through a battle with cancer and God brought Him back. Both of us have been through near death sicknesses and experiences. God protected us to continue in Him. I praise God that my husband was again pronounced cancer free again now over six years. As for myself, as many of you know, I was healed after a terrible stroke, brain surgery following, a mass in my abdomen, complications after surgery, arthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus, costrocongitis, graves’ disease, and pneumonia in my blood stream. I don’t even remember the several days I spent in intensive care. God healed me and brought me back once again to serve Him.

I have been given up by doctors to die several times as was my husband. When I had the stroke, they told my husband that I would be dead in forty five minutes. Then they told him that I would be a vegetable the rest of my life. When I was in the coma, they told my pastor that he would have to face the fact that I was going to be like that for the rest of my life. Then I was in a coma six weeks. The doctor should not have told my pastor that he should get used to the fact that I would be in a coma the rest of my life. He said it to the wrong person. My pastor told the doctor that he (the doctor) would have to get used to the idea that I would NOT be in a coma for the rest of my life. Speaking truth works. God had another plan. We just chose the joy of the Lord and agreed with His Words.

I shared these testimonies to tell you that I have had plenty of opportunity to give in and quit having the joy of the Lord. Instead we have awesome testimonies of God’s healing power. To give in only would mean that I quit having God’s strength in my life. If it was tough before, think how tough it would be without God’s help and strength. The joy of the Lord is your strength. To give in to any challenge you face would only mean that you have agreed to let satan do whatever he wants because you have given up the fight. Satan has two main things he wants for you. They are death and torture.

Think about this. When you walk out on God through unbelief and drown yourself in self pity and hopelessness, you have chosen then to let satan do all that he wants to you without resistance. Walking out on God reminds me of a testimony that a friend gave some years ago. When my friend Bruce was having a battle in his marriage at the beginning of his marriage, God did a sovereign miracle. Bruce and Laura were alcoholics before Christ. Bruce was saved some years. Laura was a new born believer. She had little knowledge of the word at the beginning. When they argued, Laura, started to do what she had always done before. She was trying to run away. When she headed for the door, her feet stuck to the floor as if they were nailed there. She tried and tried to get her feet loose so that she could walk out the door and leave Bruce. Finally after an hour or so, she realized that God had done it. She repented before God and her husband. Then God released her feet. I have never heard of God doing that before or since that time. It must have been extraordinary circumstances. You must choose joy. You cannot walk out on God and walk this faith walk successfully. If you don’t choose joy, you are in unbelief.

Some people keep telling me that they just can’t help how they feel. I beg your pardon, but it does not matter how you feel in the long run of things. We don’t move according to feelings anyway. We moved according to the Word of God. What matters is that God is not a liar. What He promised to do for you, He will do. Oh yes, He does have compassion. He is constantly asking you to choose to believe Him, to choose His joy and to choose His strength.

Can’t you imagine that Job in the Old Testament was pretty disgusted after the loss of his wife and children and all his personal belongings? To top it off, the devil put running sores all over his body. Have you ever had a risen or a boil? He had boils all over his body! I just imagine he was really hurting. He kept choosing God, His joy and His strength. Eventually it was all restored to Him and even multiplied according to the Word of God. You can read all about it in the book of Job. I have heard several Bible scholars which say that Job’s trial only lasted nine months. Don’t you think that was because he clung onto the Word of God and kept his confessions right. Even his wife couldn’t talk him into sinning with his mouth no matter how bad it was. We usually happen several volunteers to talk us out of our faith.

Remember the Word told us be angry and sin not. I am reminding you today that in the midst of that unbelievable challenge you are facing today, you must choose to have joy and live in it. Thereby, you are again choosing to put your faith in the promises of God. In your flesh you will likely feel the pain of the battle at times, but you are to choose to place your confidence in the truth of His promises. Choose joy. That is when and where relief of symptoms come.

I purposely repeat this scripture for emphasis. Read (Deu 30:19) I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live. To choose God means to choose joy. It is to choose on behalf of your children as well. Don’t be a bad example. Let them be sanctified by having a believing parent.

You are not to make any choices whether of joy or defeat or anything else based on how you feel today or any day in your natural emotions and physical body. You choose God and His promises because He is truth. His promises are true. Rely on them. Take comfort in them. Stand on them. Teach them. Live in them. Let them live in you. Take joy in the fact that God is God and He loves you and heals you. He delivers you. I remember when Jesus faced a battle from the enemy; He fought satan with “It is written.” During His greatest trial of hanging on the cross, He stood on the Word of Faith and not the feeling of defeat.

I ask you again. What is your choice today? Have you chosen joy? To choose God does not mean to accept the will of satan. It means to stand against the will of satan in your heart, with your mouth and with your actions. What you believe and think you will soon manifest (Pro 23:7) For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

You must be sure that it is the good positive words of faith that come from your mouth. The walk of faith are not just for when you need God to multiply your finances. It also means for you to use your faith to walk in joy. You choose joy and then God helps you to walk it out in the natural. That scripture in Mark 16:20 works right here too. “…and the Lord working with them and confirming the word with signs following.”

In Him,

Prophetess Frances Lloyd

www.dailygoldenfootprints.com

footprints@dailygoldenfootprints.com

“Do not depend on your ability to hear God’s voice, rather on His ability to get th

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Amen and Amen!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”