Stress at work

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
worriedatwork

Post by worriedatwork » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:35 pm

I started the program in August and I'm still having extreme anxiety at work. I work in public accounting so I'm juggling mutliple engagements around while trying to supervise mutliple staff and answer questions of my supervisors. I wake up multiple times in the middle of the night and my chest hurts so bad and I can't fall back asleep. When i do fall back asleep, I usually dream about something bad happening at work, a co-worker letting me down, not meeting deadlines, etc. I need to rest but my mind is racing. It ends up being counter productive because I need rest to be focused at work, but I can't sleep because I'm worried about how I'm going to get it all done.... are these feelings normal? What can I do to eliminate these racing thoughts?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:33 am

Hi Worriedatwork! I'm sorry about you losing much needed rest due to bad thought and dreams. I believe these dreams are normal. There is something you are stressing over that needs to be addressed. What do you think is the main factor at work that troubles you?

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”