Challenges to faith

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Plastic_Starlight

Re: Challenges to faith

Post by Plastic_Starlight » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

KKross
I can understand where you're coming from. I'm in university right now. I'm not sure when things changed but the attitude seems to be that it's almost silly to believe in God once you're educated.
Personally though I know that I am only where I am thanks to my faith. I know that God has been with me every step of the way through my education and my education reveals more and more proof of his existance as I study the incredible mysteries of biology, psychology, even literature. Above all else God wants happiness for his children. Happiness definatly comes through education.
One day I was at school talking to someone in my class when some girl was talking about how silly religon was and how if you thought about it it was totally ok to sin because Christ already paid for it. And that got me thinking.
What happened in the garden wasn't just for sin. Christ took on our everythings. Our Pains, sicknesses, sorrows, and sins. and he did all this so he would know how to succor us. Everything you feel your anxiety, depression everything. Christ felt those too. For you individually. I can Empathize with you because I have a small understanding about what you're going through, but Christ knows exactly how you feel individually.
I have my doubts, worries, fears. those things can affect my faith a little because I'm human and can't always see the big picture, and I'm not always the most patient little girl. but it's my faith in the atonement, the knowledge that it applies to me even if I'm not a bad kid that keeps me going. The Knowledge that I'm not alone, even if I am. ( does that make sense?) gives me hope. It gives me a reason to drag my carcas out of bed some days.
Christ knew me, and the life I would lead, just like he knows yours. He went through what he did, because he knew we're worth it. And he wants to help.
if you're feeling doubts, get on your knees, let out everything that's in your heart. God is listening and always answers. I can't tell you how many times I've asked if anyone is even there or if I'm just talking to the ceiling. ( it sounds silly but I'm human and I need to be reminded :) ) I can say with out a doubt, you're never just talking to the ceiling.

anyway I hope that helps, maybe it's just rambling, but I think having a masters and still believing in God just shows how smart you really are :D

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”