sharing verses

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
jennkatz

Post by jennkatz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:04 am

I'm trying to counter negative thoughts by focusing on Christ, I would appreciate it if I had verses that helped me to do that. If you have something that really helps you, please post it. I'll take all the verses I can get.
Thanks

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Psalm 27
Of David,

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stonghold of my life-
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.

3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out againt me, even then will I be confident.

4 One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.

7 Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me.

8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek.

9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Saviour.

10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.

11 Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.

12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence.

13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:37 pm

To jennkatz, I just wanted to reach out to you, and give you this verse. But without faith it is impossible to please him. Heb. 11:6

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:04 pm

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

James 5:15
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

1Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 pm

To: jennkatz. What has helped me is a simple on-the-spot prayer along with scripture. My prayer is "I pray life into me.". I keep saying it over and over until the bad thoughts go away. You may customize it anyway that works for you. Hope it helps and God bless you.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Everyone,
I belong to a little online church and this is what I shared with my little church!!! I pray this helps someone!!!

Here is my posting...

6/16/2010
Tonight, as I sit here pondering upon my day, I must say that God has blessed my family and myself beyond human understanding!!! You see Church, I look at life soooo much differently now!!!

My life has changed sooooo very much for the better!!! I really can say that I have happy moments and days!!! I used to think that contentment was all we could ever get out of this life, but was I ever wrong!!!

God has changed me soooo very much and I praise His Holy Name for doing these wondrous works in my life!!!

For the first time, in my life I can honestly say that life is GOOD!!!

You see Church; I had to change my view on things!!! I did this by asking Jesus to teach me things!!!

I also asked Him to give me His eyesight, since I wanted to see everyone and every single thing, the way He sees them!!!

I wanted to see the beauty in every single thing in my life, and so all I did was ask Him for these things, and He gave me these things!!! The Bible says that we have not because we ask not…

I drew near unto Him and He drew near unto me, and I just couldn’t and still can’t get enough of this great feeling of having this very close intimate relationship with our Savior!!!

I desired to follow in His footsteps, so I asked Him to let me do just that, and He has been soooo very faithful to lead and guide me in every single area of my life!!! I wanted to be just like Him, because I love Him soooo very much!!!

I ask of Him to lead and guide me in the way, which He would have me to go and He does just that!!!

I asked for His mindset, because I know that Christ Jesus has no worries or fears, and I wanted to be able to think about things and people, just like He does!!!

And when Satan comes to attack my mind, then I just say, “Get behind me Satan, “I have the mind of Christ Jesus and it is being renewed secondly, minutely, hourly and daily”…

He promised that I would have His mind and I stand upon His promises; therefore, I will not give Satan any room in my mind to torment me!!!

He is not going to use my mind as His playground, because God promised me a sound mind. Praise God!!!

I have totally surrendered my life to HIM!!! I want His precious will to be done in my life, not my own!!!

I was bought by a precious price, the Blood of the Lamb of God slain before the foundation of this world!!!

I am not my own…I am a blood bought child of the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords!!!

I have learned to allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me and to allow His precious Love to flow through me and reach out to others!!!

I have learned that complaining is not the answer, but instead is a sin, which is not in alignment with the Word of God!!!

I have learned that by complaining about our circumstances then we are actually speaking these things into existence!!!

I have learned that by practicing gratitude and praising God, that we will receive the full joy of our Salvation!!!

I also have learned that the more we put into serving God, the more we will be blessed and the more we will get out of our Salvation, the happier we will be in this life!!!

I have learned that we need to acknowledge God in every single area of our lives!!! Not like I used to because I would say things like…”I acknowledge you God” all the time, yet I was not acknowledging Him, and I did not even know it!!!

I have learned that when one is really acknowledging God in all things, they are taking action…For example, “God I acknowledge you in this day, and every single thing, which I do today, I do for you”…

Even in serving our husbands their breakfast, do it as unto the Lord!!! Cleaning my house, do it as I am doing it unto the Lord!!! Driving to town to pick up something for someone, doing it, as though I am doing it for the Lord!!! Standing in line at the grocery store, I am patiently waiting on the Lord!!!

I am giving these examples, so you may see how I have learned to acknowledge my God in deed, and not just in word!!! We must do all things, as unto our Lord!!!

I have learned to ask God for the things, which I need to make me happy in this Spiritual walk with Him daily!!! If we don’t ask, then we don’t receive…Period!!!

I have learned how to hear God’s voice speaking quietly to my heart and I can see Him in all the beauty of His creation!!!

I can see Him when a little bird is soaring over my head!!! I can see Him when the trees are swaying back and forth in perfect harmony!!! I can see God in all of his creation, and I soooo appreciate the simple things in this life!!!

I can see how He created every single thing to work perfectly!!! I can see how effortlessly all of His creation does their things!!! That is the way He meant it to be church!!! He sure did a perfect job of creating our planet and every single thing in it!!!

I have learned to place all of my faith and trust in Him!!! Every single bit of it!!! How did I do that one??? I asked Him to increase my faith by leaps and bounds, and He did just that!!!

The bottom line is that I asked Jesus to be my teacher, and He has taught me soooo very much, and I am sure He will continue teaching me things, as long as I live on this planet (earth)!!!

My outlook on life has changed because I asked my Savior to do these things for me, and I am sharing these things with you, because I want you to see many happy days upon this earth too!!!

He did not do these things for me, because I was a better Christian than any of you!!!

He did these things for me, because I asked Him to do them, and because I am a willing vessel, which He can use for His glory and His knows that!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”