bi polar

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
dawfai

Post by dawfai » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:32 am

i was wondering is anybody on here bi polar? If so what exactly is it? How does it make you feel? What meds are you on and how does that make you feel? My doctor dignosed me as bi polar. I am scared. Does this mean you are crazy? Any advice would be so helpful.
Love you all!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:01 am

No, you are not crazy. My sister was bi-polar.
As long as she stayed on her medication she was just fine. I'm sorry I can't give anymore information than that. You will be fine too. May God Bless you.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:00 am

I'm bi-polar II which I think means I have depression more than the manic. Manic is when you're flying high. The highs are good cuz they're so much better than the depression. All the time I've been going thru this and still I don't catch myself. I'm remembering now my Psychologist once said to be careful of the highs because the higher I get the lower I will go. I take l00 mg. of Lamictal 2X a day. I can tell when I'm due because I'll get that crying feeling. Lately even with the meds I've been feeling lots of ups and downs. It's very hard. I told my husband just yesterday, I wish he could switch his brain for mine just one day to understand. I also have ADHD which makes it worse because it's hard for me to stay on task. You're young yet so don't despair. Be thankful they're catching it early. I wasn't diagnosed till close to 50. If you have more ques. feel free to PM me.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi I have been a manic depressant since 1986 I am no prolixin ..Manic depressant is sever mood swings some people get just the ups like me but some the more typical manic depressant get the downs .It doesnt mean you are crazy but you have a mental illneess .Many manic depressive live sucessfull creative lives I doesnt make you any less a person that dosnt have a mental illness.Many manic depressan go off there meds because they dont like the side effects.This can be dangerous to get off you med without a doctor recomendation .Many people get server mood swings going off there meds .Either sever ups or downs .Mental illness can really be manged by accepting it and working with it .

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:20 pm

My entire family has it. We inherited it from my father's side of the family (manic depression). I have four siblings.

In 2000, however, the Lord healed me when I figured out that it was in me too. I asked the Lord and all the racing in my mind vanished within an hour of asking him to heal me. I asked him on my lunch hour and then around break time, I went to sit on a couch and I heard the Holy Spirit say "How's that?" and all of the racing was gone! :)

I have been a believer in The Lords power to heal. He is Jehovah Raphe - The Lord Our Healer. "He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities, the chastizement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

There are many famous and brilliant people who are and were bipolar... it is a both "a blessing and a curse" -- quite simply, your brain has an overabundance of brain cells that cause a chemical imbalance-- so bipolar people tend to be rather smart and gifted but also so depressed that they tend to resort to self medicating....

But there is HOPE... there is medication and there is the Lord who is able to heal... seek Him and he will give you the answer to what you should do...

In the meantime, clear your mind everyday of all negativity and seek the Lord for a particular part of his character that you can meditate upon all day long (i.e. His love "what manner of love is this that we should be called the sons of God"). --- Doing this cleared approximately 85-95% of my problem. I am now mostly up with what we are trained to do in this program and with meditating on the Goodness of the Lord. In addition, whenever the Lord shows you something that needs to change in your character, be willing to change...

All is well, my dear, you are in the right place
God will take good care of you.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:23 pm

PRAISE GOD!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:10 am

Enlightened-That is awesome and so is He.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:11 am

Thank everyone for this discussion it has been helpful. Keep pushing onward and upward. Christ's Love. :)

AmandaJ

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:10 am

To God be the Glory for the GREAT THINGS He has DONE! :)

I forgot to say that I do not take medication for depression or anxiety, particularly because this is how The Holy Spirit has led me.

In particular, my maintenance plan is that I must stay off the sugar and other things that I would have a tendency to "get high" on like food (eating disorder), negativity, religious activity, etc... The key is balance and a slow transition.

I inherited the anxiety from my mother. She is now trying to start the program. (Praise God!) This program is truly a blessing from the LORD.

Three of my siblings are on meds. One is in need of meds. I am praying for the entire family to be Saved, Healed and Delivered. And I will be praying for you. Let us know how you want us to pray for you so that we can stand in agreement with you.

God Bless,

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:40 am

Recently some people in my life have wanted to label me with various mental afflictions. The truth is, until I was stalked, harassed, followed, I didn't have any problems like anxiety. I just wish people could be more honorable sometimes and own up to their own conduct when it harms others, verses, making others the problem.

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”