Great quote for overcoming anxiety

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
JR5

Post by JR5 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:51 am

Very inspiring quote and seems to be true in my case. I wallowed hoping a pill would cure me for too long. Then I took matters into my own hands and started reading more about variuous therapies until I found one that worked for me. The one that helped me was CBT but I could feel Gods hand helping me as I did my TEA form thought countering. Thx again!

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:05 am

Great quote, thank you for sharing.

I completely agree. Also seizing the day and the opportunities He gives us is so important.

I've found that He has presented so many opportunities that challenge me, it is up to me (as well as all of us) to take advantage of those challenges He presents us with as they are key to our recovery.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Kgirl

Post by Kgirl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:41 am

Hi all,
I need some prayers and support. I have not been able to do the program for a weeks now and I am upset to say the least. My mother-in-law is living with us because she had a stroke. I am hoping that this is temporary because I feel like my life has been turned upside down.
I have 2 households to take care of. Her home is 2 hours away. Only one day after the stroke she threw a fit with the Dr.'s so they would release her on Thanksgiving day since nothing therapy wise could be done until Monday. She said she was not going to miss Thanksgiving. I was seeing red! She started having her stroke symptoms on Sunday evening and didn't call anyone until Tuesday morning because she knew it was a stroke and didn't want to be hospitalized during Thanksgiving. She was released with the understanding that my husband and I would be with her 24/7. She spent Thanksgiving with us and the next morning fell and broke her ankle in 3 places! She needs assistance and I feel so much anger and resentment for having to be the one to do it. Did I mention the guilt I feel for feeling this way? I know if the tables were turned she would do this for me without batting an eyelash. She has had therapy on her speech and arm already. She has progressed very well. We are waiting until sometime in Jan. to see if she can have a weight baring cast so she can start therapy on her leg. Did I mention she also comes with a 110 lb Akita-Coonhound-Rotweiler mix? His likes are doors, door frames, door knobs, screen doors and his favorite is turkey! Especially if he can reach it in the center of your kitchen island and pull if off without any assistance. I have considered buying an extra CD player so I could sneak off in some back bedroom to do the program but with Christmas I can't afford it.
January seems like years away. I know I will get through this. I didn't realize what many have gone through when loved ones come to live with them temporarily or permanently.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Great quote and post WW! I had not heard that one before and it is definitely something I have felt in my life the past few years. And especially in overcoming all my anxiety problems. So great to be off meds for years now and feeling so much better and more energetic. I owe it all to CBT the TEA form exercise and God's helping hand :)

WW

Post by WW » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Originally posted by Shifrah:
Great quote, thank you for sharing.

I completely agree. Also seizing the day and the opportunities He gives us is so important.

I've found that He has presented so many opportunities that challenge me, it is up to me (as well as all of us) to take advantage of those challenges He presents us with as they are key to our recovery.
Love your post above as well, thanks!!!
I hope you are doing well and everyone else here also :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Thx WW. I am doing great and hope you are too. Keep in touch and God belss you!

WW

Post by WW » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 am

Thx Lilchrissy! I am doing great. My only complaint is that I wish I had more time to spend outdoors now that it is summer :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 pm

WW, what part of California are you in? Hardly harsh winters there but I understand summer is still summer :)

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 am

Oh Nuts! I was just working on a decent response when I hit the wrong button and lost all my copy. When here I go again.

The following is from Personal Notes I made to myself 2-11-09.

I'm sitting at Jack In The Crack awaiting Max Cannon the creator of a synidicated comic strip called RED MEAT, to show up. But he doesn't. And my negative side goes: See You're just not worth his time. And so the reason I wanted this meeting was to see if he'd be willing to take up the chore of inking in my comic character:
MADAME X INCORPORATED. However since I've been practing with new sized Sharpie black and Brush pens I'm finding that maybe I don't really don't need him to do what I'm finding out I can do myself.

So I think I'm going to continue to ink in her adventures because it makes my happy. And this is a feeling that no drug can top. I've been looking into trying to ink differently since a good friend and colleage suggested that I needed to start experimenting with my line varations. Also too, I needed to do more spotting blacks in my final pieces. And guess what he was right. And now my art looks better and more professional because I was willing to listen to some criticism and then try something new. Another new factor added to MX Inc. is I've taken on an Editor in the name of Rich K. and he's allowed me to see that by slowing down the pace of the action in the comic we could wind up with a better product and since then I've been doing just that and the books, we're on #3 is coming out like gangbusters.

None of this could have occurred before I got through the the program course because I was still stuck in my thinking that I had to be the Lone Ranger to get things done MY WAY! Now I'm not trying to Feed this Hole inside my gut screaming at me to "FEED ME SYMORE, FEED ME!" Anymore!!!
My game plan has totally changed because I've changed! For the better I might say. I'm also in a Business Planning class thats allowing me, not some other business person who saids they can write a terrific Business Plan for 1K. And just give me something that reads like sterio instructions. Nope. I'm writting it so I can understand what I'm doing and why. Before the program I'd be hiding under the covers waiting for someone else to do it. So you see theirs no one who can do what I do or get the job done any wheres near as I can do it. So I'll keep moving in the direction I feel the Good Lord is leading me.
Thanx.

WW

Post by WW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:40 am

Originally posted by lilchrissy:
WW, what part of California are you in? Hardly harsh winters there but I understand summer is still summer :)
I'm in Los Angeles and we had a horrible summer. It was overcast at the beach all summer and even inland where I live was overcast a majority of the summer. It's raining now so a weird weather year for us :(
Not letting it get me down though! Just figuring this means next summer will be the best yet right?
I Hope you are doing Great and having better weather where you are.

Slimjim,
I just read the exact same post of yours on another topic a few minutes ago?

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”