Great quote for overcoming anxiety

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
egriff

Re: Great quote for overcoming anxiety

Post by egriff » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi Everyone :mrgreen:
Sorry I have been away but so busy and I have a ton of reply notifs to get to if i can. Just wanted to say I miss you guys and will try and check in and pitch in more often!

hacv6048

Post by hacv6048 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:19 am

i really like this WW, i believe it too. I feel like GOD doesn't like the weak and i don't mean weak in the sense that it's hard to do something but rather weak in giving it your all to get out of a bad situation that you're in, whatever that situation is. i feel like the more committed you are to becoming better and getting better the more GOD can and will help you because after all you and you're body are GOD's temple. So take care of yourself and god will take care of you.

JustJess

Post by JustJess » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:29 am

I have struggled with Anxiety and depression for 20 years. I thought I was doing much better but recently had some severe setbacks. I am very phobic and afraid of these panic attacks. I pray constantly asking God to help me through this. I appreciate reading the posts from all of you who beleive in the lord. Thank you. Jess

Snootyboots

Post by Snootyboots » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 pm

I am having a spiritually challenging day, as I cannot concentrate on my tasks at hand. However, I do have two signs in my home that always center me a bit: "A day hemmed in prayer never unravels" and "Faith is not knowing that God can - it is knowing He will". I hope this blesses anyone that is having any type of anxiety or problem.

Snootyboots

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Paisleegreen wrote:Its good to see WW and A.Marble on here...how are you both doing? Paislee :mrgreen:
Yes it is and how are you doing Paislee?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:29 pm

I've been struggling a bit. I saw my Psychiatrist and decided to go back on AD's. Still not sure if they are helping or not. I think so...since I've been going through some struggles with a sister we are helping and I have been very stressed with her being in my home and needing so much help. Otherwise, I'm doing okay, considering. I'm just very tired as I haven't been able to rest as much as I'm use to. P.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Paislee I am sorry that you are struggling a bit and had to go back on AD's. Let me know if I can be of any support and I know you are developing new skills that will hopefully help you out sooner than later :D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi lilchrissy-I'm finding out that the AD's are too energetic and they cause my neck and shoulders to become very tense and give me headaches. They have been helpful keeping myself sort of calm w/ sis, but I feel I'm too aggressive on them. I cut back and now I've gone a couple days without even the smaller dosage. I was able to do Christmas and enjoy myself and the family. Although, I would dread the "future" of each activity I would have to involve myself in with other people.

I still take temazepam for sleeping, but it wears off and I get nightmares or bad dreams and wake up "scared" or frustrated that I didn't finish the dream. My Dr did tell me he had something for that, but forgot to ask him about it on my last visit when he upped my dosage. Otherwise, I'm using the skills learned here and also feel that the short days are affecting me some or a lot. :lol: I am noticing that I don't need to listen to my relaxation CD as much, but I have a CD that I listen to that is meant for people that are sad and just need to cry. I will find myself humming the music in my head and then I decide I'm going to listen to it with my earphones, in the past I would be just bawling while I listen, but now I just wept a little. So either I'm doing good or the AD's that I have been taking are still working a wee bit. :) Or things just are going pretty good considering...that I get frustrated with the way things are falling apart in my house, yard, vehicle, aging body, stuff...inability to remember things quickly or find things, and yet the things I couldn't find before show up later when I have "let go" of finding them.

Anyway, I think I'm doing much better than I was last year...considering all the changes I went through during the year. Thanks listening...P :mrgreen:

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Paislee I am sorry to learn of your recent struggles but glad to hear you are coping reasonably well. I really identified with the part about missplacing things and when I get over the frustration in trying to find them they magically seem to reappear :o
I hope you and yours have a great new year!

WW

Post by WW » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 pm

hacv6048 wrote:i really like this WW, i believe it too. I feel like GOD doesn't like the weak and i don't mean weak in the sense that it's hard to do something but rather weak in giving it your all to get out of a bad situation that you're in, whatever that situation is. i feel like the more committed you are to becoming better and getting better the more GOD can and will help you because after all you and you're body are GOD's temple. So take care of yourself and god will take care of you.
Thanks and I think you expressed it much better than I have in this post so thank you too :mrgreen:

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”