Fasting from feelings of Jealousy

The spiritual response to anxiety and depression
Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Good morning all!

Someone shared a devotional with me. I found the web sight where the devotional was located and it up dates automatically and access to the archives requires membership. However the devotional for today, March 4, 2010 was good also. Here is the author's web sight: http://fromtheinsideout.us/

Below is today's devotional:
<span class="ev_code_blue">Revolution Day 32: Fast from Thoughts of Jealousy.</span>

Today we’re fasting from thoughts of jealousy...such as “did they really deserve that more than me”; “why do other people get ahead”; “why don’t I have what they have”; “they’re just lucky”; “why can’t my kids be more like their’s”; etc.

Let’s Change It Today:

1. Jealousy is only a feeling; an emotion. And all negative emotions come from a sense of powerlessness. You have been given POWER. (2 Timothy 1:7) And that power will drive out the root of jealousy.

2. All jealous thoughts are rooted in insecurity and fear. Stop fighting jealousy on the surface. Let’s drive out the fear.

3. You are not a “mere man”. (1 Cor. 3:3) You are a new, secure species of being.

4. Perfect love casts out fear. Don’t try to have perfect love toward others. Believe you are LOVED PERFECTLY BY GOD. It’s His perfect love toward you that drives your fears away. (1 John 4:18)

5. Ask God TODAY to deliver you from fear and insecurity. Psalm 34:4 says “…He delivered me from all my fears.”

6. There is a portion reserved for you! (This has helped me time after time). In 1 Samuel 9:24 God had reserved a “portion” for Saul; an anointing set aside. Had he believed that, he wouldn’t have been jealous of David.

7. Meditating on God’s Word produces YOUR success. (Psalm 1:1-3) Fill your life with God’s success for you; and you’ll be too occupied with blessing, to compare to others. (Eccl. 5:19-20)

Think It & Say It:
I have power over jealousy and negative emotions. I am perfectly loved by God and no fear or insecurity can have root in me. I receive total freedom from insecurity today; God has reserved a portion of success for me, regardless of anyone else. I have divine success that will elevate me to God’s best, in Jesus’ Name!
I also want to share a John Wesley poem titled:
<span class="ev_code_blue">"Hymn XXV: Stupendous Love of God Most High"</span>
Stupendous love of God most high!
He comes to meet us from the sky
In mildest majesty;
Full of unutterable grace,
He calls the weary burdened race,
"Come all for help to me."

Tired with the greatness of my way,
From him I would no longer stray,
But rest in Jesus have;
Weary of sin, from sin would cease,
Weary of mine own righteousness,
And stoop, myself to save.

Weary of passions unsubdued,
Weary of vows in vain renewed,
Of forms without the power,
Of prayers, and hopes, complaints, and groans,
My fainting soul in silence owns
I can hold out no more.

Beneath this mountain load of grief,
Of guilt and desperate unbelief,
Jesus, thy creature see;
With all my nature's weight oppressed,
I sink, I die for want of rest,
Yet cannot come to thee.

Mine utter helplessness I feel;
But thou, who gav'st the feeble will,
The effectual grace supply;
Be thou my strength, my light, my way,
And bid my soul the call obey,
And to thy bosom fly.

Fulfil thine own intense desire,
And now into my heart inspire
The power of faith and love;
Then, Saviour, then to thee I come,
And find on earth the life, the home,
The rest of saints above.

John Wesley

This poem and others can be accessed on this web sight: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem...ve-of-god-most-high/

May you all have a blessed day in the joy of the Lord, your strength! (Neh.8:10)
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 am

Good Morning Brother Gman,
Thank you soooo very much for sharing this "devotional" and poem with all of us!!!

I thought this was very "uplifting"...Thanks again brother!!!

Have a great day in Christ Jesus!!!

Return to “Spirituality for Anxiety & Depression”